EVO Rock Stops

Spartan

EVO's website says these require cutting and welding. I was wondering what kind of cutting and welding you had to do, and would you really notice the difference if you don't do much hight speed desert driving.

Also can you run these with bumpstop extensions in the front, or do you need to run front Rock Stops.

Spartan

Did you look at the picture? You have to weld the bracket to the frame.

Yes I looked at the picture, and I did see the welds, but it says cutting and welding, unless you have to cut something before you weld the brackets on not sure when needs to be cut.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You have to French it into the frame. Thus cutting the frame and weld the new bracket in. The racket doesn't mount on the outside of the frame.

ChaosNein

you have to cut out the OEM bump stop and french in the EVO RockStop bracket and can. IT DOES NOT weaken the frame at all!

Spartan

you have to cut out the OEM bump stop and french in the EVO RockStop bracket and can. IT DOES NOT weaken the frame at all!

Thanks for the info Drew.
Do you guys have front rock stops as well? I'm planning on getting the Enforcer for my new Jeep. If I'm doing more Rock Crawling then go fast desert driving will I notice much of a difference with the Rock stops vs the bump stop extensions?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the info Drew.
Do you guys have front rock stops as well? I'm planning on getting the Enforcer for my new Jeep. If I'm doing more Rock Crawling then go fast desert driving will I notice much of a difference with the Rock stops vs the bump stop extensions?

My understanding is that you'll notice your travel shortened by a couple of inches. If you like drive fast go with the king rock stops. If not, you probably don't need them.

rtguy1

My understanding is that you'll notice your travel shortened by a couple of inches. If you like drive fast go with the king rock stops. If not, you probably don't need them.

why would you lose travel? not sure where you heard that one but that is incorrect. when set up properly your travel will be exactly what it was before. they just contact the pads on the axle and compress. most are 2.5"-4" of travel. if you wanna sit low go with the shorter travel so you're not riding around on em. here's a couple pics. dont have a good one of the rears now...i'm at work. you can see full bump in the rear and no travel has been lost. View attachment 56040 View attachment 56041 View attachment 56042

rtguy1

From EVO. :crazyeyes:

Edit: I'd be happy to hear it isn't true and would happily add them as I had planned.

yeah talk to Mel about it. when setup properly the full compressed position of the bump should be in the same location as whatever you are running now. They do work well for speeds but really are no improvement when crawling. They can be noisey too. I hear em all the time. I know from other posts you hate all the annoying sounds that pop up so I just figured I'd mention that. They do look damn good tho :yup:

Top Bottom