So it's time for new tires but I'm not quite ready for the total lift yet.

Jaydoc1

Really briefly I have a 2013 JKUR that I have planned for EVO bolt-on coil overs and an Enforcer lift with 37s. I've been working on purchasing/upgrading all the other parts that will be needed before finally lifting it the 3.5-ish inches to fit the 37s. I was hoping that by the time I needed new tires I would be ready to do the suspension, wheels, and tires all at once. Unfortunately I'm not quite there yet.

Even though I'm not ready to do the actual lift yet, I have a couple Moab trips coming up that I would like to have a few inches of additional clearance for and don't want to buy another set of OEM sized tires. So what I'm looking for is to buy some interim 35 inch Trail Grapplers and am wanting to throw a temporary 2.5 inch lift on until I can do the EVO parts later. I have only researched the taller lifts at this point and have only briefly looked at any of the 2.5" lifts although I've read several threads with some discussions on them. What I'm looking for is a nice on-road ride. I don't want to shake my fillings loose while I have this lift on. I am also curious with this short of a lift if there is anything else I need to do drive-angle wise? I've already replaced my drive shafts getting ready for the taller lift but with a 2.5" lift do I need to put in a draglink flip kit? Rear track bar relocation bracket? Planning on chopping the fenders as well.

I have amassed a huge list of things I need to go super tall, just not sure what I need to go just a little taller than stock.

Thanks in advance for any information. :beer:

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I think EVO makes a leveling kit that with trimmed fenders would let your run 35s until your ready to go all out

Last edited:

RockyJk

You can't run bolt on coilovers and the enforcer together it's either or... I think with a 2.5 bb you would probably just need to extend your brake lines since u already have driveshafts you won't have to worry about the front hitting your exhaust

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
...I have only researched the taller lifts at this point and have only briefly looked at any of the 2.5" lifts although I've read several threads with some discussions on them. What I'm looking for is a nice on-road ride. I don't want to shake my fillings loose while I have this lift on.

If you're happy with your ride now, I would recommend that you just install a 2.5" coil spacer lift or, budget boost. This will allow you to retain your factory coils and shocks and for the most part, your ride will not change.

I am also curious with this short of a lift if there is anything else I need to do drive-angle wise?

No. Your drive line angles will be fine.

I've already replaced my drive shafts getting ready for the taller lift...

Front or rear? If the front, you are fine. If rear, you need to install adjustable rear upper control arms so that you can set your pinion angle to be in line with your drive shaft. Up front, caster needs to take precedence and so you do not want to adjust it's angle.

...but with a 2.5" lift do I need to put in a draglink flip kit?

No. In fact, doing so will most likely cause your axle position to be over corrected and it will be off center the other direction.

Rear track bar relocation bracket?

Yes, this would be recommended and will most likely come with your kit.

Jaydoc1

Thanks for all the replies. My mistake on the Enforcer/Coilover statement. I meant to say that my ultimate plan is Coilovers and their high-clearance long arms, not the Enforcer kit.

Front or rear? If the front, you are fine. If rear, you need to install adjustable rear upper control arms so that you can set your pinion angle to be in line with your drive shaft. Up front, caster needs to take precedence and so you do not want to adjust it's angle.

Front only. Hadn't planned on the rear unless a problem popped up.

Thanks again for the replies! Tells me what I needed to know.

Spartan

I have ran many trails in Moab in a 2010 JKUR with a Teraflex 2.5in BB with shock extension, flat fenders, and 35in tires.

Jaydoc1

I have ran many trails in Moab in a 2010 JKUR with a Teraflex 2.5in BB with shock extension, flat fenders, and 35in tires.

I've been about 5 times now with the stock ride height and I'm getting tired of scratching up my EVO Protek skids! I haven't mastered the GCM2 rattle can technique. :cheesy:

Spartan

I've been about 5 times now with the stock ride height and I'm getting tired of scratching up my EVO Protek skids! I haven't mastered the GCM2 rattle can technique. :cheesy:

Did that 2 that's why I went to the BB and 35's. Planing on getting the EVO Enforcer kit for my new Jeep.

I also want to get the EVO protek skids for the new Jeep. I think some like that is a must since they replaced the good trany skid with a bar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom