2.5" BB spacer lift sway bar links

gtony12

Caught the Bug
2.5" BB spacer lift sway bar links HELP?

Is there any reason why when installing the sway bar links the jeep has to be on the ground? I installed the lift and sway bar links but didn't see the note to only install links while the tires where on ground. Any input? Should remove and re-install? Thank you for the help!

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Is there any reason why when installing the sway bar links the jeep has to be on the ground? I installed the lift and sway bar links but didn't see the note to only install links while the tires where on ground. Any input? Should remove and re-install? Thank you for the help!

You should be okay. They install easier when on the ground. So long as they are the right length and your sway bar is slightly above parallel you are good. 👍

gtony12

Caught the Bug
You should be okay. They install easier when on the ground. So long as they are the right length and your sway bar is slightly above parallel you are good. 

Ok thank you Frank, I was driving and my jeep made a chucking noise then stopped. I was rechecking lift install instruction and I saw this note thought it may have been the issue. It only made the noise once and went a why maybe just everything settling.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Here a pic of sway bar with tire.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1384061579285.jpg
    1384061579285.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 93
  • 1384061589443.jpg
    1384061589443.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 93

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Here a pic of sway bar with tire.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hard to tell in the pic, but it looks parallel. You should be fine. I would recommend loosening the lower end then re-torquing it while it's on the ground. The sound you heard may very well have been your bushing binding against the mount.

Last edited:
Top Bottom