onboard air

So i have a 2013 jkur and i have a powertank now but with 37's it goes empty to fast so im looking to do on board air, but for a 2013 there isnt a kit i can find for it... so what should i do??

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So i have a 2013 jkur and i have a powertank now but with 37's it goes empty to fast so im looking to do on board air, but for a 2013 there isnt a kit i can find for it... so what should i do??

Maybe a vlair or ARB with a 3 gallon tank set up in the trunk?

Sent from my iPhone

JKFlyer

I was thinking same thing bc need a project...and wanting to fill my 2nd Daystar switch panel!!! Quadratec has an exclusive onboard system but its 500 without tank and 6 with so pricey. Viair has a few too in 350-400 price point which quad said they WD recommend....with tank. That's is what I would do. We are local...CD help each other out

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKFlyer

My bad...thought u were cozdude and I know he is local to me. Good luck

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I was thinking same thing bc need a project...and wanting to fill my 2nd Daystar switch panel!!! Quadratec has an exclusive onboard system but its 500 without tank and 6 with so pricey. Viair has a few too in 350-400 price point which quad said they WD recommend....with tank. That's is what I would do. We are local...CD help each other out

Yea I saw that two. A little pricy IMO. My normal installer (custom fab guy) said he could build me one with Vlair's small compressor and a 2-3 gallon tank. It would hold over 150 psi and I could run air tools off of it. Vlair would kick in just to fill the tank back up. He runs the same set up in his bagged trucks

Sent from my iPhone

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Viair makes a tank mount but its a horrible location. You can mount a compressor under your hood and run from that. It'll take you around 3 minutes per tire from 12-28.

Viair makes a tank mount but its a horrible location. You can mount a compressor under your hood and run from that. It'll take you around 3 minutes per tire

Where exactly do you mount the compressor at under the hood does someone make a mount. The one from viair says it doesnt work one 2013 models

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Have you ever though of adding a tank. Or do you think its not needed

Yeah I've thought about it but there is no easy mount, I'm to lazy to fab one up, I don't need one to fill tires and I go out with people that have power tanks or compressors if I ever need one.

DirtyJeeP

The key is duty cycle. The higher the duty cycle the longer the compressor can run. You need to find a compressor like the viair 450c or 480c. These compressors are 100% duty cycle at 100psi. So they should be able to fill 4 tires+ without shutting down to cool off. The 400h is only a 33% duty cycle so it will have to cycle on/ off more to keep the temp down. I have a 480c and can fill 4 35" tires from 12 to 30 psi and run an impact gun without the compressor shutting off. Just my .02 and experience.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I have the ARB twin. It was about the same price as the VIAR. It's tucked up nicely under the passenger seat using a bracket made by Carolina metal masters. I can air up all 4 37s in about 5 mins. It's 100% duty cycle. It works great. It's 6.7 cfm or pretty close.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Top Bottom