Help for a diagnosis

Tranquillity

So yesterday I had some bad luck and got stuck really bad in mud. While trying to get out by my own I heard some kind of stripping sounds. (Mostly like any mechanical toy do when you're restraining them from moving) When this happened I was on 2nd gear on 4L and I was giving it some "love" but can't say I was banging it like hell ;). It happened twice and twice I was on 2nd gear. The sounds seemed to come from my T case.

I managed to unstuck with some help and went home and this morning I went to work. I tried 4hi and 2 hi and everything sounds good. I haven't took it on a lift for a better check up but will do asap.

So any of you could point out some directions to begin with? :crazyeyes:

Rebel JK

Were the wheels spinning freely in the mud when you heard it or kind of bound up?
Were the wheels straight or full lock turned? Maybe a front axle u joint binding?

Tranquillity

Right.

The wheels were spinning freely. I was at an angle since the rear slipped in a ditch so I managed to gather some rocks which gave me some traction. I was on lsd with my rear diff and open on front.

Rebel JK

Right.

The wheels were spinning freely. I was at an angle since the rear slipped in a ditch so I managed to gather some rocks which gave me some traction. I was on lsd with my rear diff and open on front.
Hard to believe anything broke if you were spinning and open. Not sure what else it may be. Maybe someone else with more exp can help out here.

Top Bottom