coil springs leaning

Crush

My front coil springs are leaning towards the front and almost touching the upper bump stops. I have checked the control arms to make sure that they are centers correctly and I also checked the caster angle, and everything seams to be correct. If anyone can give me any idea on what I need to change or is this ok. Any Advice would be appreciated.

jkrossi

My front coil springs are leaning towards the front and almost touching the upper bump stops. I have checked the control arms to make sure that they are centers correctly and I also checked the caster angle, and everything seams to be correct. If anyone can give me any idea on what I need to change or is this ok. Any Advice would be appreciated.

Can you post a picture?

Atch

Do you have the coils seated correctly?

Crush

Here are the best pictures that I have. The coils are seated correctly, I was thinking that also. coil.jpg

JKbrick

That's my guess, your control arms need lengthened, not sure what that will do to your front driveshaft though, unless it has already been changed

Crush

I have adjusted the long arms to the manufactuers specs and I have changed the driveshafts. I just installed dynatrac axles and after readjusting the arms I noticed the issue. I have the caster set correctly, I think. I am just not sure if it is too much lean or if it is exceptable

Crush

If I change the arms, I will have to throw off the caster angle. Right now when I check the caster I am at 90 degrees when I attach the angle finder to to the front of the axle. Not sure what to do next

Dr. Satan

Did you get the dynatrac axles with the extra castor built in and then set the arms to the manufactures specs for a stock axle? I'm just guessing here.

rtguy1

If I change the arms, I will have to throw off the caster angle. Right now when I check the caster I am at 90 degrees when I attach the angle finder to to the front of the axle. Not sure what to do next

What do u mean caster is at 90 degrees? You aren't measuring correctly. Maybe post a few more pics of the axle and its orientation including the pinion angle.

Last edited:

BBG

I just had this problem ...I have teraflex arms and the front upper were set in the wrong hole and when they set the lower control arms for caster it pushed the axle too far forward witch made the spring rub on the coil spring bucket ...if you have teraflex you may want to mount the front upper control arms in the second hole the second one in from the front if they are not teraflex then you may want to turn them in being careful not to put too much bend on the cv joint if you have aftermarket drive shafts. Just a guess.......

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom