Led lights in snow

American outlaw

Any experience with LEDs in snow. Looking to upgrade my headlights but i have herd they don't heat up enough to melt them. I also herd that because they don't heat up that snow does not stick. Looking at getting truck lite headlights. Thanks

GuillaumeC91

Oh wow, never thought of that but it makes a lot of sense. LED lights emmit almost no heat... You would for sure have to clear the snow off of them before leaving, but I don't really know if snow would accumulate there while driving. I have to think that the engine's heat would be enough to get to snow to slowly melt off while driving. :confused:

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

Rusty

I have the truck lites, and I can tell you... in a snow storm.. the snow will stick to them when the way the Jeep light emplacements are made, the snow just piles up, even more so if it’s really sticky. But none the less... I wouldn’t trade the trucklites for nothing...

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I have the truck lites, and I can tell you... in a snow storm.. the snow will stick to them when the way the Jeep light emplacements are made, the snow just piles up, even more so if it’s really sticky. But none the less... I wouldn’t trade the trucklites for nothing...

x2 will deffinitly stick, but never really noticed any less light that I can remember last time It snowed here. If I do a few short drives I just wipe them off quick when I get out. Now that I think about it maybe I will try a rainx or wax or something this year and see what happens. No matter what tho, I am happy with them and wouldnt trade them out either.

mtnbiker995

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384265573.279832.jpg

I wish I could have LED headlights...but the normal headlights don't even melt snow fast enough sometimes when on the highway in northern michigan. I had to stop at gas stations to clear off my head lights and fog lights

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While Truck-Lite's don't put out a lot of heat due to the fact that they are LED's and have a backing designed to be a heatsink, they still put out enough to make a difference. As others have mentioned, they will collect some snow but not enough to prevent them from still working well. At least, that's what I have found.

David1tontj

Tell you what... You can get them an try them out, and if they just don't work in the snow, I'll give you $200 bucks for them. :). Haha

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Top Bottom