Hey Eddie if your out there right now where do you get that liner that you put on the

BBG

I forgot I was still in the subject line...... posted the question just now, but I'll ask it again sorry, where do you get the black liner that you put around the fender once you trim it, and what is the exact name?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rinkishjk

I forgot I was still in the subject line...... posted the question just now, but I'll ask it again sorry, where do you get the black liner that you put around the fender once you trim it, and what is the exact name?

It's called door edge trim. Most auto parts stores have it.

BBG

awesome guys put in the order thanks.

Rubiwho

You'll need about 22 ft. Traditionally they come in 18ft packs, so get 2... Just did it last week. Came out great thanks to Eddies write up.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384289255.877178.jpg

wwood

Rubiwho,

What did you do for the inner wheel well liners (splash guard) front and rear?

Just cut my factory flares similar to what you did and used the door edge trim. That turned out great but so far I cannot figure out a good way to secure the rear section of the factory front wheel well liners. I will probably leave rear liners out and just paint the sheet metal but the front needs the liners.

Thanks.

Last edited:

wwood

Style Guard automotive door edging works great and comes in 25 foot lengths which is enough for all 4 flares. I found it at PepBoys (online and in local stores) for $14.95 Eddie used this same brand in his write up. I first wiped the flare edges with alcohol to clean/degrease them. Then cut a piece of edging long enough for each flare and heated it with a hair dryer until it was very flexible then asked wifey to hold the hair dryer on the edging as I applied it. When heated the edging goes around curves/corners very easily with no gaps or wrinkles.

Top Bottom