What the heck is up with my abs now???

BBG

This front end is getting on my nerves now....lol I installed a 4 inch lift sent it to evo off road to fine tune it. Got the rubbing to stop for the most part .....now my abs is going crazy in turns it even had the nerve to go off one time when I was perfectly driving straight..... some will say that the wheel isn't straight, but they said they did the alignment on it......or dose all jeeps encounter this when they lift them? Is it something I just gotta live with?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
I do believe you need to have your computer reset for the lift. There are a couple of threads which explain this just not sure where. Also if you have bigger tires you will need to re calibrate the computer as well. For airing down a programmer will allow you to turn of the TPMS. I imagine someone will chime in on which programmer will work. I have not done this yet but will in the coming months after deployment.

If you get a chance check out Project-JK.com or in the Jk Tech section there are a bunch of write ups which may help you.

R/
Will

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

noroad

I had a problem with the limited slip as in the car with yellow lines light comming on when i did my 4.5in lift. I got an alignment and the light turned off after about 60miles.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There is a reason why I never pay to have my Jeep aligned - THEY DO NOTHING EXCEPT TAKE YOUR MONEY. Seriously, you more than likely have a steering wheel that is a bit off and your computer is thinking you are in a slide. It doesn't need to be off by a whole lot for this to happen.

BBG

I figured now that you say that the wheel is crooked to the right a little that's only because it pulls to the left a bit I guess I gotta take it back to evo off road for them to fix that seeing is howi don't have a machine to put my jeep on to line it up myself.......

Atch

I figured now that you say that the wheel is crooked to the right a little that's only because it pulls to the left a bit I guess I gotta take it back to evo off road for them to fix that seeing is howi don't have a machine to put my jeep on to line it up myself.......

You don't need a machine to adjust your steering wheel. All you need is a 15mm wrench. Loosen up the turnbuckle and twist it whichever way you need to to get it straight. Tighten it up and go for a drive, repeat till you're satisfied.

pvanweelden

line what up? loosen the two bolts on the drag link, twist the sleeve one direction, see if steering wheel is closer or further straight than it was before......

biggy

Is the Esp light coming on or the ABS light.. If your steering wheel is off center it's the esp light that will come on not the abs light at least in my experience. If your wheel is straight then get the trouble codes. Your on board computer will not show abs codes however so you would need to take it somewhere or buy a code reader. Just last week I was throwing abs codes so I bought a reader which told me front right wheel speed sensor problem. Upon inspection I found the unit bearing to be no good which also houses the speed sensor. I changed it out and the abs light went off after driving up the road.

Last edited:
Top Bottom