Wheel sensors???

BBG

I wanna get rid of my wheel sensors they're useless now that I gotta air up and down constantly is there a quick fix to get rid of the sign on the dash? Got 2013 jk rubicon.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

noroad

you just need a programmer to change the PSI! I see you have a bunch of problems with your lift on here(start a build thread to keep them altogether). but most of them are not problems just things that change for everyone when you lift it so much, most answer are already on the fourm, so for quick answers you might want to search it in the little go box in the top right(just a little helping tool). post some pics in your build

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You CANNOT remove your wheel sensors, they are a critical part of your JK's computer system and are needed to determine your speed and shift points if nothing else. Without them, your Jeep would go into limp mode and there is no way around it.

David1tontj

I wanna get rid of my wheel sensors they're useless now that I gotta air up and down constantly is there a quick fix to get rid of the sign on the dash? Got 2013 jk rubicon.

Are you talking about your TPMS sensors?? Or your actual wheel speed sensors?

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

BBG

talking about the sensors that tell you when your tire is below a certain psi

bl17z90

Yeah thats TPMS and I am pretty sure Eddie did a right up on Project-jk.com about removing the tpms equipped valve stems.

DJKU09

When I got diffrent rims I didnt take out my wheel Sensors ( behind the valve stem) of the stock rim and it ran just fine. Just took some time to get use to the LOW TIRE simble. But yet mine isnt a Rubicon either do I don't know if that's makes s difference.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
When I got diffrent rims I didnt take out my wheel Sensors ( behind the valve stem) of the stock rim and it ran just fine. Just took some time to get use to the LOW TIRE simble. But yet mine isnt a Rubicon either do I don't know if that's makes s difference.

it doesnt. you can turn that off with a procal like the AEV or superchips flashcal. just set the non-existant sensor to zero. thats what i did. i left the TPMS in my stock wheels

Moochie

Link? I tried looking on the project-jk tech but couldn't find it.

The only way to turn off the TPMS light is, with a programmer, by setting the pressure to 0. There are some dealerships that might lower the pressure setting but, it will cost you an hour of their time. Most won't do it due to liability issues. Removing the actual TPMS sensors from your wheels, won't solve the problem.

eeftw

The only way to turn off the TPMS light is, with a programmer, by setting the pressure to 0. There are some dealerships that might lower the pressure setting but, it will cost you an hour of their time. Most won't do it due to liability issues. Removing the actual TPMS sensors from your wheels, won't solve the problem.

Yea I did that on my wife's jeep. Didn't know if there was another method.

Top Bottom