flat fenders and rear axle

bl17z90

I have noticed this a lot more when someone has flat fenders because its easier to see, but my question is, the rear axle looks like it has a lot more room behind it in the wheel well than in front of it. Is it ok to use adjustable arms to move it back a couple inches to make it look, for lack of a better term, better than it does with stock arms? I am also concerned if this would make the springs sit wrong or limit your travel in any way.

Has anyone else noticed this and had the same question of am I just wierd? :thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you lift your JK and do not install upper and lower adjustable control arms to recenter your axle, it will sit closer to the front of the wheel well. If your axle is centered in wheel well and you want to push it even further back, you need to be aware that going too far will cause your coils to make contact with your rear track bar. Also, going too far back will cause your coils to no longer be aligned and that will cause them to bow like an S especially on a 2-door. You can address this to a degree with wedges but, the better way to do it is with something like JKS adjustable lower spring perches.

bl17z90

I am pretty sure once the rear axle is centered it will look just fine. There is a guy who has what looks like a 3.5" lift with cut fenders and 35's and I assume stock arms and it just looks goofy. I want to avoid that when I finally cut mine.

But all in all I beleive you answered my question Eddie.

bl17z90

I figured that was the answer. I will eventually. For now my jeep does great for me, but like most I am never actually fully satisfied I will eventually want taller tires more lift beefier axles and the list goes on and on, but for now I am going to do some external parts like bumpers.

Top Bottom