Truck lite issue, need help

So after installing my new truck lites last week, I noticed the chrome trim ring that holds the lights in place with 4 screws allows the truck lites to move around and shake a bit. What have you guys done to stop the movement from happening?

Thanks,
Sean

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So after installing my new truck lites last week, I noticed the chrome trim ring that holds the lights in place with 4 screws allows the truck lites to move around and shake a bit. What have you guys done to stop the movement from happening?

Thanks,
Sean

Put some electrical tape around the black housing of the light. It will snug it up.

I ran two loops around my passenger light and nothing around my drivers. Neither one moves.

Both of mine move a decent amount, I will have to do a few test fits then. 3rd time the grill will be off this week, good thing it's easy to do. I originally thought the screws were just loose but after checking them, they were fine

Anybody else have an engine code come on after about 1-2 weeks for an issue with the low beam circuit? I installed the trucklites and anti flicker harness and the check engine light came on today with 4 codes, two of which were for the left and right low beam circuit. The other two were for an O2 sensor for the 2nd time, and a vacuum pump

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Anybody else have an engine code come on after about 1-2 weeks for an issue with the low beam circuit? I installed the trucklites and anti flicker harness and the check engine light came on today with 4 codes, two of which were for the left and right low beam circuit. The other two were for an O2 sensor for the 2nd time, and a vacuum pump

Nope, although I don't have the anti flicker harness.

jeffd

have been using trucklites for over 19000 miles and no codes thrown. No anti flicker harness but I am lucky and really have no flicker in either 2013 or 2014 wrangler. I did use dielectric grease tho not sure if makes a difference or not but makes me feel warm and fuzzy

have been using trucklites for over 19000 miles and no codes thrown. No anti flicker harness but I am lucky and really have no flicker in either 2013 or 2014 wrangler. I did use dielectric grease tho not sure if makes a difference or not but makes me feel warm and fuzzy

I've never heard of any codes thrown with truck lites so I'm not sure what the issue could be. Maybe I'll put my stock headlights in for the dealership so they can't say it's my fault

Strainger

Caught the Bug
It's a Jeep computer/sensor thing. The circuit is detecting a variant in the programmed voltage. It is more of a FYI code than a warning code and usually only shows up in company with another thrown code. Mine shows left and right high and low codes when some other code trips the check engine light, Otherwise, they don't come on by themselves. I think you will be OK. 18,000 miles on mine without any other problems.

It's a Jeep computer/sensor thing. The circuit is detecting a variant in the programmed voltage. It is more of a FYI code than a warning code and usually only shows up in company with another thrown code. Mine shows left and right high and low codes when some other code trips the check engine light, Otherwise, they don't come on by themselves. I think you will be OK. 18,000 miles on mine without any other problems.

So do you think the dealership will say anything about the headlights when I take it in for the other 2 codes?

steve_r2

I get the same codes.....my lights have been in for 2 years now and no problems with them. Been into the stealers with them fitted and not a word said (though that may be that they are crap;) )

I get the same codes.....my lights have been in for 2 years now and no problems with them. Been into the stealers with them fitted and not a word said (though that may be that they are crap;) )

Good to hear. Hopefully they don't say anything about them. Thanks for the help

Strainger

Caught the Bug
So do you think the dealership will say anything about the headlights when I take it in for the other 2 codes?

Probably not. Took mine to the dealership for many oil changes and a couple of mechanical and electrical problems, but no mention of the lights causing any problems.

MurderedJK

The codes are B1630 (right) and B162C (left) low beam control circuit high. I've had the headlights for a a couple weeks now so I'm not sure why the code would just be popping up...

Ever since I did away with the stock lights, that DTC code shows. Although they throw a code, they do not trigger a CEL. You have nothing to worry about those low circuit codes for the headlamps. I have an aftermarket DVD Nav and that also throws a code since it cant communicate with the factory radio.

Ever since I did away with the stock lights, that DTC code shows. Although they throw a code, they do not trigger a CEL. You have nothing to worry about those low circuit codes for the headlamps. I have an aftermarket DVD Nav and that also throws a code since it cant communicate with the factory radio.

Good to hear, I just don't want the dealer to say anything about the headlights. Thanks for the input!

MurderedJK

They won't say anything. I've taken my jeep in a few times and nothing ever brought up.

Sent via my free government phone from my government subsidized home. Off to make another baby to bring home another 1K of welfare!

Top Bottom