EVO 1/4 bumper and Rigid lights

mackey

Has anyone tried to install Rigid's flush mounted lights on the EVO 1/4 bumper? I am wondering if they would fit where the hi lift jack cut outs are. I would also have Warn's CTI 9.5 winch on the bumper. Thanks.

GCM 2

Not a good idea......

1) its called a 1/4 pounder because it is 1/4" thick steel. It's not going to be easy to cut without using Plasma, or lasers, or light sabers, or some other alien technology. Basically you would ruin it

2) it is as minimalistic of a bumper as you can get, which means it was designed to not take up any more room than necessary. Unless you want to not run a winch, which is the only location you could squeeze the lights into, there is no other place for the lights to be frenched into. If you do choose to try and work the lights into it while running a winch, there are huge gussets and webbing behind that flat outer skin. The gussets are also made of 1/4" thick steel.....see #1

mackey

Thanks for the input. Don't think I will be trying it anymore. I sold my lightsaber to buy jeep parts. Guess I'm S.O.L :)

GCM 2

You know that's one of the draw backs to running such a minimal bumper like this, it is designed to do only so much. But what it does offer in strength, clearance for big tires and approach angles is phenomenal. I love mine, but will probably just end having to do a 10" to 20" light bar mounted either above the hawse fairlead or attached to the stinger.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
this is what I ended up with, still want to redo the brackets but happy with it so far.

Attachments

• image-9852192.jpg
    image-9852192.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 291
  • image-2479428135.jpg
    image-2479428135.jpg
    466.9 KB · Views: 289

bl17z90

Don't Eddy and Cindy have some truck lite spots mounted to the 1/4 pounders on rubicat and moby?

mackey

Don't Eddy and Cindy have some truck lite spots mounted to the 1/4 pounders on rubicat and moby?

They do have lights mounted on top. I am planning on mounting some on top also. I was just hoping to add some flush mounted fog lights. We get some thick fog and snow where I live. I still may be able to add Rigid's fog lights, they just might not be flush, but in front of the bumper. We shall see...

bl17z90

Is that a custom setup they did or does evo provide mounting holes for spot light brackets on the 1/4 pounder?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
They do have lights mounted on top. I am planning on mounting some on top also. I was just hoping to add some flush mounted fog lights. We get some thick fog and snow where I live. I still may be able to add Rigid's fog lights, they just might not be flush, but in front of the bumper. We shall see...

they do make an offset fairlead bracket that centers the lights, i bought it a while back and while its still installed, ive never run lights on it or really need it actually.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/evo-manufacturing-fairlead-light-mount-plate-offset-evo-1105

Top Bottom