Buying my first Jeep

JJM

Hey all,
I am currently looking into buying my first Jeep and I want to get some opinions. I have been looking at the 2014 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon X in Amp'd. What is everybody's opinion on the current motor? Is it worth me waiting until the next year to get the diesel or should I just say screw it and order one now with the 3.6 Pentastar? Either way, I would like to purchase it before they screw everything up in 2016 and ditch the solid axles. Thanks in advance for all of your responses.

noroad

Hey all,
I am currently looking into buying my first Jeep and I want to get some opinions. I have been looking at the 2014 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon X in Amp'd. What is everybody's opinion on the current motor? Is it worth me waiting until the next year to get the diesel or should I just say screw it and order one now with the 3.6 Pentastar? Either way, I would like to purchase it before they screw everything up in 2016 and ditch the solid axles. Thanks in advance for all of your responses.

I love my 3.6 thing moves even with 37s, and the rubicons are really really nice! I went with a sport build so i could put what i wanted in and different lockers(arb's) but the heated seats would have been sweet. i guess just ask your self what you want to do to your jeep and go from there.

As for waiting until the diesel comes out I personally would wait. When Dodge introduced the new Cummins in 2006 there was bunch of issues with it. They ended up doing a bunch of updates to the computer. Now it is fixed. Just as Jeep had when they introduced the new Penstar 3.6L. They have since to the best of my knowledge fixed the issues with the miss-fire. If you have found a great deal then go with it. As for getting a specific verison of the Rubicon I would say stick with just the basic Rubicon. With added money for the Amp'd package you could put it towards mods you want. Again this is just my humble opinion.

I found a 2011 JKU Sport for a steal so I picked it up, but had I done my research like you are doing I would have taken a little longer and purchased the Rubicon because of the D44 and lockers.

R/
Will

Atch

As for waiting until the diesel comes out I personally would wait. When Dodge introduced the new Cummins in 2006 there was bunch of issues with it. They ended up doing a bunch of updates to the computer. Now it is fixed. Just as Jeep had when they introduced the new Penstar 3.6L. They have since to the best of my knowledge fixed the issues with the miss-fire. If you have found a great deal then go with it. As for getting a specific verison of the Rubicon I would say stick with just the basic Rubicon. With added money for the Amp'd package you could put it towards mods you want. Again this is just my humble opinion.

I found a 2011 JKU Sport for a steal so I picked it up, but had I done my research like you are doing I would have taken a little longer and purchased the Rubicon because of the D44 and lockers.

R/
Will

Amp'd is a color not a package as far as I'm aware. It's the new goldish color.

Spartan

Yes, the OP had said it right. Rubicon X is a new special addition, and Amp'd is a new color.
I like the Rubicon X package, but if I could get the X hood on a regular Rubicon I would do just because I like cloth seats over leather. As for Amp'd I want to see it in person before I decide on it.
While I like the Rubicon X hood. The bumpers, wheels, and tires will be getting replaced on any Jeep that I get, and I would rather have cloth seats over leather since I run topless most the summer.

JKFlyer

Canvas is right in to get Rubicon with better axles. Either way, once u get a jerp, u will be hooked. U can spend almost as much modifying as original cost if u get carried away! U can't go wrong going rubi or lower model if modifying drive train yourself. Good luck and welcome to family!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom