Toyo Open Country AT 2 Extreme vs. Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3???

King Con

Hello,

I have a Jeep Rubicon X Unlimited on order and I will be putting on a AEV 3.5" lift with 35" tires. What I would like to know is has anyone had any experience with either of these? I will be driving on pavement 90% of thr time, but during hunting season I will be in sand and mud. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

King Con

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hello,

I have a Jeep Rubicon X Unlimited on order and I will be putting on a AEV 3.5" lift with 35" tires. What I would like to know is has anyone had any experience with either of these? I will be driving on pavement 90% of thr time, but during hunting season I will be in sand and mud. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

King Con

I have never heard a bad thing about the toyos, great in just about any condition. I never ran or heard of anyone really talk about the MT so can't help you there. Out of the two I would say the toyos

Sent from my iPhone

I have the MT Baja ATZ's and they are decent tires. They do have a hum when going down the road. I live in Florida so sand is all we have here and they are decent in the sugar sand down here. I have been looking at upgrading my tires to either the Nitto Trail Grapplers or Toyo Open Country MT's.

I am currently running Nitto Terra Grapplers on my Dodge and love them. No road noise and do extremely well in the Georgia mud and sand. Use to hunt in a little town just west of Savanah. I think the Terra Grapplers are along the Toyo Open Country AT's.

R/
Will

Lobo6

Toyo ATII's

Hi! My son is running a small size of the AT II on a '97 Cherokee. These tires are great! He had the original Toyo AT's and I thought they were very good in the snow and sand, of course street use was perfect. (Lot's of rain here in Washington!) When he got the AT II's I noticed a big improvement over the original AT's. As for the MT brand, I have not run them or know anyone who has.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
If you want the more aggressive look and off-road traction, go with the Mickey Thompson. The Toyo would be better on wet pavement and highway, but won't do the best in the deep mud. I run the Cooper Discoverer A/T3 and love them, the driving I do is comparible to yours. Cooper tires don't see much love on the forums I guess because they don't have much advertisements on TV and in the magazines. I work at a Cooper dealer and know first hand the quality and low price of Cooper tires. The A/T3 is rated #1 with consumer reports against multiple other all-terrain tires. Just something to look in to, my two cents.

Top Bottom