New from New Mexico

OsiViper

Just wanted to say Hi from New Mexico, My name is Matt.
Been wanting a wrangler since I was about 12 and watching the wayalife videos on Youtube just made me want it all that much more. Now 16 Years later I finally have one!
Got a brand new 2014 Unlimited Rubicon, Color: Anvil. There are only 2 features I don't like on it and that is the Body Color top and the Body color fenders (yuck).
Have had it less than a day and today I found out I need to burn it to the ground... This afternoon I found 2 spiders living in it, and as hard as I tried I couldn't kill them :stick hiting: . They're hiding in the hard top just above my head :eek: .

Anyhow! Right now I am poor so going to mod it slowly... My ULTIMATE goal is to get it in shape where I can run the JKX, it looks like a total blast.
One thing I can't decide on is whether I should wait and save for a while (long time) and get the Evo Coilovers or just go the cheaper route and get a lift kit.. One is quite a bit cheaper, but one seems to be a lot better.
My budget this month for doing mods on it is only $500 so been having a hard time deciding what to do, whether I should just save for a couple of months and get the lift/coilovers, but then there is the added expense of new 5 new wheels and tires as well as a new rear bumper & tire carrier. I just need a money tree... :broke:

Attachments

• DSC_0341 - Copy.jpg
    DSC_0341 - Copy.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 66

David1tontj

Welcome to wayalife Matt! I don't have the Evo coil overs, but I know about building rigs.. Here's what I can tell you... It's an awesome suspension... And another thing.. Most guys build their trucks over several stages.. Start small, then a little bigger, then a little better, and I can tell you this.... If you build it right the first time, it will end up being a lot cheaper in the long run! Start the tally... My vote is the Evo coil overs!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Matt,

Welcome to the WAYALIFE. :wings:

As for the lift one thing I know, because I already did this is already, you will get a lift and then want to do more. I would recommend getting a budget boost to get you by for now. Most budget boost are realively inexpensive and can be complete coil/shocks or just spacers. If you want to go the spacer route look in the for sale section and you can probably find one or two sets for sale. I purchased a 2.5 budget boost Pro-Comp lift which came with shocks and coils. Since then I have purchased 3" EVO Plush ride coils and Rock Krawler LCA's. What I have invested in just the upgrades with the budget boost I could have purchased the EVO enforcer lift. What is my point, do your research and figure out just how you are going to use your Jeep. Living in New Mexico you have some open desert to run and rock crawling so I imagine this will be the route you will take.

Once you start the mod process it will only get more addictive. To totally out fit my jeep with what I want will cost me roughly $24,000 and there are still mods which are not on my wish list.

Again welcome to the WAYALIFE and let the fund begin.

R/
Will

OsiViper

Is there anyone around the Farmington Area? Really want to go off-roading with new Jeep to break it in. But it's Never really gone off-roading much and never a really good idea to go alone.. especially without a winch.

BrandonDetrick

Is there anyone around the Farmington Area? Really want to go off-roading with new Jeep to break it in. But it's Never really gone off-roading much and never a really good idea to go alone.. especially without a winch.

Dude!! Me lol. Let's hit a trail Saturday!

OsiViper

I remember watching some of the rock crawling competitions around here thinking to myself "How the hell does someone drive up that?" and sure enough, people do. lol

BrandonDetrick

I remember watching some of the rock crawling competitions around here thinking to myself "How the hell does someone drive up that?" and sure enough, people do. lol

Lol there's some CRAZY stuff here. But I can take you on a few trails that won't tear up your jeep but won't be boring either. Good to learn on

OsiViper

Lol there's some CRAZY stuff here. But I can take you on a few trails that won't tear up your jeep but won't be boring either. Good to learn on

Yea, I've gone on a few in my Tundra that I had but none of it was real technical. Was just on BLM land out by Kirtland.. It had 37" Toyos. Wish I coulda just taken them off and put them on the jeep.

BrandonDetrick

Yea, I've gone on a few in my Tundra that I had but none of it was real technical. Was just on BLM land out by Kirtland.. It had 37" Toyos. Wish I coulda just taken them off and put them on the jeep.

My favorite area is the glade run. And choke cherry. There so much to do out there.

OsiViper

Will have to show me some places.. I've watched videos of choke cherry and never any videos of moderate trails.. only the one's where people are taking buggies up them lol

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Welcome to Wayalife!

Here's my 2 cents. You have a very capable rig, remember that. All of our rigs started off stock and although it is tough to save when you want your rig fully built tomorrow, save your $$$$. Build with the end result in mind. If you want 37's and bolt-on coilovers, save for it. If you want to have a more capable rig start with armor and recovery gear. Otherwise, run what you have and save those dollars. And in all actuality, for 60% of the Jeeping population (probably more) the standard coil and shock suspension works just fine. Matter of fact I am extremely happy with my EVO Enforcer lift.

Top Bottom