Why don't more Jeep wheels come with 4.5 back spacing?

Spartan

Why is it so hard to find non beadlock wheels with 4.5 back spacing or better? If you need at least 4.5 back spacing to run 35's and most lifts. Why aren't all after market Jeep wheels like ATX, Black Rock, etc at least 4.5?

I might just be me but I like the new stock Rubicon wheels, but plan on Running 35's(maybe 37's) with the EVO Enforcer kit, and I really don't want to run wheel spacers.

JAGS

Hooked
Why is it so hard to find non beadlock wheels with 4.5 back spacing or better? If you need at least 4.5 back spacing to run 35's and most lifts. Why aren't all after market Jeep wheels like ATX, Black Rock, etc at least 4.5?

I might just be me but I like the new stock Rubicon wheels, but plan on Running 35's(maybe 37's) with the EVO Enforcer kit, and I really don't want to run wheel spacers.

The stock wheels are made for the stock tires. Spacers with 35s shouldn't be a problem. But I understand not "wanting" to run spacers as I'm in a similar boat.

As for options, there are quite a few, you just have really search them out. ATX has several as does XD, Method, ProComp, Level 8, MTs and others.

Spartan

The stock wheels are made for the stock tires. Spacers with 35s shouldn't be a problem. But I understand not "wanting" to run spacers as I'm in a similar boat.

As for options, there are quite a few, you just have really search them out. ATX has several as does XD, Method, ProComp, Level 8, MTs and others.

I know they do. Have ATX Crawls on my old Jeep and I liked them. Been wanting to try a new look with the new Jeep, but most the ones I like either look to close to Crawls, and don't have enough backspacing. Might just end up going with ATX Crawls again.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I know they do. Have ATX Crawls on my old Jeep and I liked them. Been wanting to try a new look with the new Jeep, but most the ones I like either look to close to Crawls, and don't have enough backspacing. Might just end up going with ATX Crawls again.

I ran M/T's Side Biters before going to ATX Slabs. They looked great IMO and had 4.25" backspacing. :thumb:

Discount Tire

We have a lot of non bead lock wheels with 4.5" backspace.

Here's a link to all 17" wheels that have your jeep's bolt pattern (5-127). Any wheel listed here that is 8.5" wide with -6mm offset or 9" wide with a -12mm offset has a 4.5" backspace.

17" Jeep Wrangler JK Wheels

Let us know if we can help you with a set. We would love to earn your business.

Spartan

We have a lot of non bead lock wheels with 4.5" backspace.

Here's a link to all 17" wheels that have your jeep's bolt pattern (5-127). Any wheel listed here that is 8.5" wide with -6mm offset or 9" wide with a -12mm offset has a 4.5" backspace.

17" Jeep Wrangler JK Wheels

Let us know if we can help you with a set. We would love to earn your business.

What do you think of BMF wheels?

Discount Tire

What do you think of BMF wheels?

From what I have seen, BMF makes a good product. Their designs are unique and the finished product can stand out. BMF wheels tend to be a little more expensive but if they make something you like, the added cost may be worth it to you.

We don't stock BMF wheels but we should be able to special order them in for you. Give Pat a call at 1.888.459.4080 ext 51878 or contact a local Idaho Discount Tire if you have one near you. Link - Local Idaho Discount Tire stores

Last edited:

Spartan

From what I have seen, BMF makes a good product. Their designs are unique and the finished product can stand out. BMF wheels tend to be a little more expensive but if they make something you like, the added cost may be worth it to you.

We don't stock BMF wheels but we should be able to special order them in for you. Give Pat a call at 1.888.459.4080 ext 51878 or contact a local Idaho Discount Tire if you have one near you. Link - Local Idaho Discount Tire stores

Thanks. How would you say they compare to ATX?

Discount Tire

They are both single piece cast wheels. I'm not 100% sure but I believe the warranties are the same (1 year finish, lifetime structural and manufacturer defect).

BigBoy

Can I order ATX Slabs from my local Americas Tire or should I call Pat at the number above? Maybe the better question is do you guys sell them? And an even better question is which way yields a better price ?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Can I order ATX Slabs from my local Americas Tire or should I call Pat at the number above? Maybe the better question is do you guys sell them? And an even better question is which way yields a better price ?

ORE ha them for $1750 shipped right now. Ending today actually. Probably the best deal you'll find.

BigBoy

ORE ha them for $1750 shipped right now. Ending today actually. Probably the best deal you'll find.

Yeah saw the thread but can't make the purchase right now. I like to shop local and would rather get them from my local store when the time comes. However, price is a big factor and from what I've seen ORE has a great price. Hopefully they have a good sale come tax time If I have to go that route!

Discount Tire

Give your local store a call first. They should be able to special order them in for you. (however they may not be able to install them for you) If your local store's price is higher than any competitors delivered price (unit price + shipping) let them know and they will do the best they can to beat it.

Top Bottom