Trouble Deciding on lift & tires.

OsiViper

I would really love to get a 4" Long arm kit or the coilovers from Evo. But that involves replacing driveshaft and so much more and will get to be around 10-14k+ After Lift/Coilovers, Long arm, Draglink flip, Replacement driveshaft, new wheels, and tires, etc. But that is looking almost unrealistic to me.

Where i can get a 2.5" (Not BB but an actual coil lift) for about $600-1000, and new wheels and tires 35" for about $2k, so $3k total. Which looks way more realistic.
But I'm thinking I will regret doing it later on. And wont be able to do JKX without 37's..

Sergeant_A

I'm in the same boat as you. Lots of choices but I also want 37s. The way I'm trying to convince myself is do it once and get what you really want. I think I go back and fort from the DD 4in kit from ORE and their long arm upgrade kit with their bolt in coil overs. Let us know what you end up choosing and post some pics!

Last edited:
I have ponder this thought and went with a 2.5 Pro Comp lift which is just shock, springs and rear track bar relocation bracket. If I had to do all over I would have gone with the EVO Double D kit which comes with everything including drag link flip. Here is the link.http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-DD-LONGARM Depending on what JK you have the front drive shaft is the one which will go first. If you search the threads for lift kits you will see what is out there.

R/
Will

OsiViper

I'm in the same boat as you. Lots of choices but I also want 37s. The way I'm trying to convince myself is do it once and get what you really want. I think I go back and fort from the DD 4in kit from Evo offroad and their long arm upgrade kit with their bolt in coil overs. Let us know what you end up choosing and post some pics!

The thing is if I decide to go with the 4" kits or coilover kit it will be 6-9+ months before I can get it.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
EVO also sells a leveling kit call Drew@Offroadevolution and get some details. You can do an TF coil, RE or AEV. Find yourself some decent wheels and go with Nittos or Toyos.

The thing is if I decide to go with the 4" kits or coilover kit it will be 6-9+ months before I can get it.

EVO also has the enforcer in 3 inch and 4 inch which can put you on the road. Then when you are ready you can get the long arm upgrade kit and eventually the coil overs. This is the rout I am going sort of. I was able to get the 3 inch plush ride from another member. I will gradually get to the coil overs and long arm. It is on my dream sheet and will eventually get there. Also do not for get to gusset your C's.

R/
Will

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
I was/am in a very similar boat as you. When I first got my Rubi in June 2012, I really thought I would be "fine" with a BB or even a lift from the dealership. :icon_crazy: But I had found Eddie's forums and there was enough questions/doubt, that I just bought and kept the jeep stock off the lot.

I knew I still had a lot to learn, being my first Jeep and all. Continued to read a lot on here and ask a lot of stupid questions (still do). I decided to try best I can to "buy once." I told myself to give it 12 months and see what I really wanted from my jeep and what terrain/trails I'd like to run in future. The BB would always be there as a cheap option.

So it's been closer to 18 months, but the decisions are becoming clearer and I'm super stoked to be ordering a very trail worthy set up with the EVO Enf and 37s. It was a long wait, and not cheap, but glad to know I'll be putting quality stuff on my rig.

So give yourself time to really decide and don't rush just to put something on that you may not be happy with long term. Again, just my :twocents:. Most importantly, have fun with whatever your rig has to offer. Stock Jeep is better than no jeep. :thumb:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Still with the Enforcer lift kit which is 2400, Don't I need to replace Driveshafts still?

You can buy the enforcer without King shocks and pair it with Ranchos (what I run) or Bilsteins or you choose. Closer to $1600ish. Driveshaft for auto (front only) on lifts over 2.5" on 2012+

OsiViper

You can buy the enforcer without King shocks and pair it with Ranchos (what I run) or Bilsteins or you choose. Closer to $1600ish. Driveshaft for auto (front only) on lifts over 2.5" on 2012+

Yea, thats another $500 then. so still $2100, not too bad.. Then another 4k for Tires and Spyder beadlocks..

JAGS

Hooked
Still with the Enforcer lift kit which is 2400, Don't I need to replace Driveshafts still?

You'll need to replace the front only. The base Enforcer kit is around $1500 with the flip kit, and you do have options with shocks. Again, this is all subjective based on what you want and ur budget and how soon you want to install a lift.

Think long term and then see how much of your expenditures you'd be throwing away to get where you really want to go. The kicker for me was wanting 37s. That sort of dictated the budget and timeframe.

Edit: ^^^10frank9 got it too.

OsiViper

You'll need to replace the front only. The base Enforcer kit is around $1500 with the flip kit, and you do have options with shocks. Again, this is all subjective based on what you want and ur budget and how soon you want to install a lift.

Think long term and then see how much of your expenditures you'd be throwing away to get where you really want to go. The kicker for me was wanting 37s. That sort of dictated the budget and timeframe.

Yea, my Long term is 37"s. That was why I made the post cause I think I'd kick myself for getting 35's and not 37's.

OsiViper

Here's another question. How hard is the Evo Enforcer to install? Cause doing it myself would save quite a bit of $$$
I was watching video on some lift kit installs such as teraflex bb, teraflex 2.5 lift.. And it doesnt seem too hard, but when they get into installing the 4" teraflex longarm kit it looks insanely complicated with dropping the gas tank out, cutting the frame, welding, etc.

Is the Enforcer kit more like the easy Teraflex lifts to do where you can do it on a jackstand in a couple of hours? or is it more like the Teraflex longarm that I couldn't do in a million years?

JAGS

Hooked
Yea, my Long term is 37"s. That was why I made the post cause I think I'd kick myself for getting 35's and not 37's.

This is what everyone told me early on too. "If you are even thinking about 37s, don't get 35s because you'll just wish you got the 37s." The only down side was waiting and saving up and deciding all the details.

But for me at least, this is my first jeep and so I figured it'd be ok to learn it stock before I added anything to it. The stock Rubicon is quite capable and can still allow for alot of fun while you decide.

seanb123

This is what everyone told me early on too. "If you are even thinking about 37s, don't get 35s because you'll just wish you got the 37s." The only down side was waiting and saving up and deciding all the details.

But for me at least, this is my first jeep and so I figured it'd be ok to learn it stock before I added anything to it. The stock Rubicon is quite capable and can still allow for alot of fun while you decide.

Adding on to waiting I'd say with a 2014 you have a lot of time with that warranty and when you start modding you might be saying goodbye to that warranty. Now 37s on your rubicon axels is do able but in time it is recommended you go to a pro rock 44 this would something that they would almost require before jkx. Now the do it once do it right is a good strategy but you could get a cheaper lift to hold you over and let you wheel before you do the big swap. You could easily do some coils track bar and lower control arms and shocks. Rk has a kit I know evo has their plush coils and control arms. You could throw a modestly priced rig together. This may be "losing" you some money but I see it as a security deposits per say. For all you know you put a medium size lift and say maybe all out is just a little to much. I'm just throwing out some ideas here

noroad

I say just save if you want a long arm save for it and stack parts in the basement(what i did for a year). i did a stage build on my yj ans wasted so much money, do it once do it right!! If you want a long arm build to that if you want 35 or 37 build to that. i can give you mi brake down so far.

Rubicon express 4.5 4 link long arm $2600 goes for $3300 = saved $700 working on a deall
5 17x9 procomp wheels matt black $60x5= $300 goes for $100 bucks saved $40x5= $200
4 Fox 2.0 shocks BDS tunned $99x4= $396 goes for $117 $18x4= $72
OEV Gussets $60
Used 37z tires till i get what i want $300
37x13.6r17 toyos about $380x4= $1520
Adams driveshafts 1310 front and back $700

so far i have spent $4356 and saved $972 and that has me rolling with needing new tires soon at $1520
All i can say is look for deals and it will add up and every $$$ counts due to it going in the tank or parts with 37s lol.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's another question. How hard is the Evo Enforcer to install? Cause doing it myself would save quite a bit of $$$
I was watching video on some lift kit installs such as teraflex bb, teraflex 2.5 lift.. And it doesnt seem too hard, but when they get into installing the 4" teraflex longarm kit it looks insanely complicated with dropping the gas tank out, cutting the frame, welding, etc.

Is the Enforcer kit more like the easy Teraflex lifts to do where you can do it on a jackstand in a couple of hours? or is it more like the Teraflex longarm that I couldn't do in a million years?

The Enforcer kit is just as easy as any standard factory length arm kit out there. This write-up I did a while back is similar to it and should be able to help you out:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write...er-long-travel-lift-kit-installation-write-up

Long arm kits are a different ball of wax and not something you really need unless you're planning to go tall. I have run and know of a lot of other people who have run 37's on an enforcer kit and even with the EVO bolt on coil overs and can tell you that it works great.

OsiViper

For the Bilstein shocks are you talking about the 5100's?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom