Dana60/1-ton/F9 question/differences

FuriousDz

Im trying to learn the pro's and con's of the different types of axles and was wondering where the currie 1-ton rockjockIII fits in when comparing it to a prorock 44 and/or 60.
I know there is more to this question such as the internal components inside the housing but if I was going to comapre or rank them using the same or similar internals where would they fall in terms of things like strength and ground clearance?

Also does a ford 9" style axle give you any other benefit than ground clearance?

Thanks

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The 9" is strong but not that strong. I've seen them break in small trucks with 35's. For a TJ it would be a good choice if the 8.8 is not used but in a heavier JK I can't see it holding up. I'd skip that axle.

nbruno

One tons and 60's should probably be compared to a 14 bolt.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

turbineguy

Im trying to learn the pro's and con's of the different types of axles and was wondering where the currie 1-ton rockjockIII fits in when comparing it to a prorock 44 and/or 60.
I know there is more to this question such as the internal components inside the housing but if I was going to comapre or rank them using the same or similar internals where would they fall in terms of things like strength and ground clearance?

Also does a ford 9" style axle give you any other benefit than ground clearance?

Thanks

Rockjocks > Prorock 44

Difference between ProRock 60s and RockJock 60s is debatable. See this thread. http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=11856

ProRocks probably get a slight nod (in my opinion) but are more expensive.

And Wayalife would give me crap if I didn't point out Dynatrac Prorock axles are 100% Made in the USA.

I have a Prorock 44 front and Rockjock 60 rear.

You could skip the debate and get 80s.

FuriousDz

The 9" is strong but not that strong. I've seen them break in small trucks with 35's. For a TJ it would be a good choice if the 8.8 is not used but in a heavier JK I can't see it holding up. I'd skip that axle.

So the bolt-in 1-ton Currie sells isnt worth it for a 4-door? The reason I was asking is because it didnt seem to be that much more then the prorock44 of EVO's site. So I was just wondering what the real differences where.

One tons and 60's should probably be compared to a 14 bolt.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks Nate, might have to pick your brain at some point
Rockjocks > Prorock 44

Difference between ProRock 60s and RockJock 60s is debatable. See this thread. http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=11856

ProRocks probably get a slight nod (in my opinion) but are more expensive.

And Wayalife would give me crap if I didn't point out Dynatrac Prorock axles are 100% Made in the USA.

I have a Prorock 44 front and Rockjock 60 rear.

You could skip the debate and get 80s.

Thanks for the info Ill take a look at that thread.

Top Bottom