Dynomax Exhaust Comparison

NAUJK

I have the Evo Comp exhaust and love it! Got it off amazon for like $186 free 2 day shipping with prime. Id suggest looking on Amazon as well.

I got mine after hearing Eddies on RubiCat I was on the fence about it till then after that I was completely sold. It isn't an annoyingly loud exhaust just gives it a nice purr at idol and makes it sound like its an actual car and not a Prius driving by, it sounds like there really is a gas engine under the hood. That's what I really like about it, it isn't obnoxious just sounds normal now. Its a real easy install the hardest part was getting the 4 year old mud encrusted exhaust off. It was worth the money, great purchase. :twocents:

Good luck
:beer: --- Mike ---

pastorwug

I have the same one, took some getting used to, even felt like a slight loss in power, but I like it. Now the Jeep doesn't sound like a sewing machine.
Amazon had the best price for me as well.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I went with the rock crawler version simply to comply to my states laws on exhaust and where it exits, if i didnt need it out of the back I would have gotten the comp one.

Lorenzo

I went with the rock crawler version simply to comply to my states laws on exhaust and where it exits, if i didnt need it out of the back I would have gotten the comp one.
In pa we have to have it come out the back? Dang man I'm about to move out of pa. To many regulations!!!!!!

NAUJK

Thats another reason why I have the Comp one... I am now registered in AZ and here you only have to get tested if you live in Phoenix or Tucson so here in Flagstaff I am fine. Its not loud enough to attract police attention and I dont have to get emissions tested. Where If I registered in CO again it wouldnt be legal but AZ doesnt care about anything soo im good. The vehicles that come of the Rez are way worse.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
In pa we have to have it come out the back? Dang man I'm about to move out of pa. To many regulations!!!!!!

well my new shop i now go to it wouldn't have mattered much, but yeah i think thats what the inspection laws say...i read thought them usually once a year just incase

JK1

just put this exhaust on and will be getting the rest of the kit to get it out the back.. to loud inside the cabin.. also not a fan of the vibration from the exhaust either….wife made fun of it said it sounds like a coffee can exhaust (didn't even know that she knew what that was lol)

:beer:

JW_Rubicon

I just had the Dynomax cat back rock crawler exhaust system installed last Thursday (11/14), and I really like the sound. It was my understanding that in Jersey, the exhaust has to exit out past the rear axle so that's why I went with the full system; otherwise I would have picked the Evo Comp.

Nice sound around town, not hearing any gurgling at idle or take off. Can't hear any drone on the highway but that's cause my Nitto Trail Grapplers are humming at 70, so I just turn up the radio :) I put a good 6 straight hours of highway driving right after it was installed so if the muffler required any break in period, I probably covered that the first day :). Haven't really decided if there's any performance gain or not, but even if its just my imagination that there is, I'm certainly not disappointed in the sound at all.

Best of luck with whichever one you decide to go with. I doubt you would be disappointed with either.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

I must say after sitting in your jeep and listening to the rock crawler last night it makes me want to order it today. Such a deep sound to it. It's wonderful

Sent from my iPhone

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have the EVO Comp on mine and it dumps about 6-8 inches before the rear axle. It's loud but so are my mud grapplers so it doesn't really bother me.

Top Bottom