Rough country winch reviews?

In5ane1

For those who have had experience with this winch...I'm looking for feedback. Tia!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

quit staring

I have RC's 9500 lb with synthetic line. I've used it probably 6 or 7 times and never had a problem. wireless control is nice too it works from about 50' away. I'd recommend it especially with the price

In5ane1

I have RC's 9500 lb with synthetic line. I've used it probably 6 or 7 times and never had a problem. wireless control is nice too it works from about 50' away. I'd recommend it especially with the price

Cool...good feedback!

Ever had issus with water getting in or is it sealed?

quit staring

well I ran it without a cover for a few months and it didn't seem to bother it. but than I threw a cover on it but I'm assuming its sealed. you could always call em and ask. I would have loved a warn trust me but for the amount I use it I didn't need to spend that money. and it's been great so far.

Rottenbelly

Quite a few guy I wheel with run the RC winches. So far so good.
One guy had one go back and RC fixed them up with a new one.
I have to say way back when I had a RC lift and had a few problems the customer service was outstanding.

quit staring

yea they sent me a winch plate that was cut wrong and I brought it to their attention and they sent me a new one right away

In5ane1

Quite a few guy I wheel with run the RC winches. So far so good.
One guy had one go back and RC fixed them up with a new one.
I have to say way back when I had a RC lift and had a few problems the customer service was outstanding.

I run the 2.5 coil lift. They sent me the 2 Dr springs and I have the 4 Dr. The shipped me new ones overnight and told me to keep and sell the 2 Dr springs. They have been outstanding from customer service. The winch sounds good for the price.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
RC, ENGO, Smittybilt and the like are all pretty much the same Chinese made winch with a different badge. Some work great out of the box and some don't.

In5ane1

RC, ENGO, Smittybilt and the like are all pretty much the same Chinese made winch with a different badge. Some work great out of the box and some don't.

Understand 100%....some of us don't have the budget for warn, and I personally don't use a winch very often. So one of these I'm sure is fine.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Understand 100%....some of us don't have the budget for warn, and I personally don't use a winch very often. So one of these I'm sure is fine.

Like I said, I have seen some work well. With any luck, you will get one too.

In5ane1

Like I said, I have seen some work well. With any luck, you will get one too.

I appreciate your input, really do. Wasn't trying to be derogatory, just saying I couldn't do a warn and other mods. Its true that you get what you pay for. I was just asking basically what is best chinese winch for price!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I appreciate your input, really do. Wasn't trying to be derogatory, just saying I couldn't do a warn and other mods. Its true that you get what you pay for. I was just asking basically what is best chinese winch for price!

Like I said, they are all the same - literally. I get solicited from them all the time saying that they can private label one for me.

In5ane1

Like I said, they are all the same - literally. I get solicited from them all the time saying that they can private label one for me.

So would I be just as well off to purchase a harbor freight badlands winch locally? That way I can return to the store if I have issues?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey I'd buy a Warn Wayalife edition winch, just sayin

LOL!! Actually, the WARN entry level VR winches are Chinese made winches too so in reality, I could do something like that :D

So would I be just as well off to purchase a harbor freight badlands winch locally? That way I can return to the store if I have issues?

Hard to say. All the big name Chinese winches are made by the same company but Chicago Electric stuff seems to be cheaper. I haven't given them a look in a while but, they very well could be the same thing too.

In5ane1

LOL!! Actually, the WARN entry level VR winches are Chinese made winches too so in reality, I could do something like that :D

Hard to say. All the big name Chinese winches are made by the same company but Chicago Electric stuff seems to be cheaper. I haven't given them a look in a while but, they very well could be the same thing too.

They get good reviews in general. But the one that fourwheeler mag tested in shootout was DOA. That goes with what you said earlier on quality control.

In5ane1

Really? Didn't know that!

JKbrick

I thought I read on here to not buy the VR from warn, why doesn't anyone use the 9500 rock crawler winch? The red one with 50' of synthetic line

Top Bottom