Best option for Seat Covers?

ichthus

We just ordered our 2013 JKU and would like to keep the interior a bit cleaner than the 08 it's replacing.

I have Cordura Superhides from Marathon Seat Covers for my 2-door and have really been happy with them. They fit like a glove, are durable, and don't hold onto dog hair from our 2 Weims like the stock seat fabric does.

I've seen some Cordura fabric covers on eBay from Coverking that are a bit less expensive, but they don't show any pictures of the covers installed in a Jeep. Has anyone heard anything about these?

I tried buying some Rugged Ridge Neoprene covers for my vinyl TJ seats and they were just garbage. Fell apart on installation and couldn't get the store that sold them or RR to even respond to complaints. Not sure I'd ever go that route again. I know some people swear by neoprene, just seems like it fades fast and doesn't hold up too well in daily use.

Thoughts?

Prime8

Trek Armor, hands down. Will give you some more info later when I have a minute, but I love mine.

Prime8

Check the jk forum for my write-up on Trek Armor seat covers, complete with pictures, in the "Show and Tell" area. They look great, no wear thus far, fit tightly, and don't cause swamp-ass like neoprene. Extremely happy with them and would recommend them to anyone. Wish they made them for subaru's so I could deck out my wife's vehicle too!

Prime8

Prime8 said:
Check the jk forum for my write-up on Trek Armor seat covers, complete with pictures, in the "Show and Tell" area. They look great, no wear thus far, fit tightly, and don't cause swamp-ass like neoprene. Extremely happy with them and would recommend them to anyone. Wish they made them for subaru's so I could deck out my wife's vehicle too!

We have a 3 month-old blue weim too, no issues with fur sticking. Infact it brushes off the fabric easily with your hand. And the tie downs on the seat-backs work great for securing the dog in the back.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
We just ordered our 2013 JKU and would like to keep the interior a bit cleaner than the 08 it's replacing.

I have Cordura Superhides from Marathon Seat Covers for my 2-door and have really been happy with them. They fit like a glove, are durable, and don't hold onto dog hair from our 2 Weims like the stock seat fabric does.

I've seen some Cordura fabric covers on eBay from Coverking that are a bit less expensive, but they don't show any pictures of the covers installed in a Jeep. Has anyone heard anything about these?

I tried buying some Rugged Ridge Neoprene covers for my vinyl TJ seats and they were just garbage. Fell apart on installation and couldn't get the store that sold them or RR to even respond to complaints. Not sure I'd ever go that route again. I know some people swear by neoprene, just seems like it fades fast and doesn't hold up too well in daily use.

Thoughts?

I ran the coverkings on my 07, Very nice seat cover. I currently have the smittybilt for the rear (Running mastercraft up front).

I went with the smittybilt for one reason. Its cheap and when my three Huskys destroy it, i will not be upset.

The smittybilt has held up for 6 months so far

naysjp

It's rare that there is anything on my Jeep that I regret buying but the neoprene seatcovers is one purchase I could have done without. They look great when they are new but after the sun fades them, forget it!:mad: I'm looking for replacement seatcovers also so I'll keep an eye on this thread.

ichthus

Prime8, is that your first Weim? In my experience, there's no need to secure them unless you're worried about them climbing into the front seat while you're out of the vehicle :). Or maybe climbing into the lap of the person in the front seat, they'll do that too.

The straps/hooks/pockets or whatever those covers have look versatile, I'm not sure about dropping $500 on covers though....hmmm. It'll be a few weeks before the 13's ship, guess I can start collecting change and pan-handling.

Prime8

ichthus said:
Prime8, is that your first Weim? In my experience, there's no need to secure them unless you're worried about them climbing into the front seat while you're out of the vehicle :). Or maybe climbing into the lap of the person in the front seat, they'll do that too.

The straps/hooks/pockets or whatever those covers have look versatile, I'm not sure about dropping $500 on covers though....hmmm. It'll be a few weeks before the 13's ship, guess I can start collecting change and pan-handling.

Give Mitch at Trek Armor a call and see if they are running any deals. The price is a little high, but I wouldn't say they're overpriced. I think they are a great value for the price-point, and I heavily research everything that goes on my jeep, and more expensive = more research. Great option for durable, comfortable, tight fitting covers.

Prime8

And yeah, its our first weim. A little high-strung for my taste (I wanted an English bulldog) but the wife and kid really like him. Not sure if anchoring him in the back is necessary, but I'd rather not find out if he would jump out or not...

ichthus

I looked into Safari Straps for the Jeep in fear they would jump...but now I only secure the dogs if the doors are off and I have to leave the Jeep. Weims won't ever want to leave your side, so while they might try to follow you into the store, they probably won't ever run away. I do recommend training, and ours have responded VERY well to a simple pinch collar and lots of treats. The training will actually calm them down just because they enjoy the mental stimulation so much.

We've had them out on our Gator trials at the farm and were impressed enough that I brought one along to the Badlands in Attica Indiana...he ran alongside the Jeep all day.

Prime8

ichthus said:
I looked into Safari Straps for the Jeep in fear they would jump...but now I only secure the dogs if the doors are off and I have to leave the Jeep. Weims won't ever want to leave your side, so while they might try to follow you into the store, they probably won't ever run away. I do recommend training, and ours have responded VERY well to a simple pinch collar and lots of treats. The training will actually calm them down just because they enjoy the mental stimulation so much.

We've had them out on our Gator trials at the farm and were impressed enough that I brought one along to the Badlands in Attica Indiana...he ran alongside the Jeep all day.

I was at the badlands in April! It's about 3 hours from here. My wife is all about training our pup, so I'm all set on that. Just impatient for him to start behaving.

Hack12

Go Trek Armor!!! Mine are coming in on Tuesday! Mitch, the owner, is the man! Hooked me up with a free custom silver trim package upgrade (worth $120+) on my Blk/Blk front & rear seat covers because they hadn't shipped three weeks after I had ordered them. Trek Armor exemplifies quality customer service. I'll update you guys when they go on this week.

JethroJK

I love my Trek Armor seat covers. I have had mine installed since last August and they still look brand new. They fit and wear awesome, you will not be disappointed. Installation is a little painful though. They fit really snug and getting the 2012+ head rests off are tricky. Look at the write up as mentioned before and you can also watch the videos on YouTube for installation. Congrats!!

bl17z90

So does anyone recommend the wet okley covers or are they in the same boat as the coverking and rugged ridge neoprene covers?

Prime8

Trek Armor all the way! Head and shoulders above the competition. The owner, Mitch is a great guy and really tries to tailor any part of the order to your exact specifications (if you custom order something special). Getting Slimer embroidered on my new black ones, with gecko green stitching throughout.

Hack12

Trek Armor all the way! Head and shoulders above the competition. The owner, Mitch is a great guy and really tries to tailor any part of the order to your exact specifications (if you custom order something special). Getting Slimer embroidered on my new black ones, with gecko green stitching throughout.

Sounds pretty awesome! Don't forget to take some pics for us when you get them on!

Shaved Ice

If you have side impact airbags in your seats like my 2012 does, seat covers will make them unable to function properly. Just keep that in mind.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Prime8

If you have side impact airbags in your seats like my 2012 does, seat covers will make them unable to function properly. Just keep that in mind.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's why I don't have my new Trek Armor covers yet. They are working on a slightly weaker stitching in the airbag area that would allow it to blow open, just like with your seats stitching. They are testing it this month. I have side airbags, and I told Mitch I wanted to retain their functionality. That's when he mentioned the testing. So I decided to have him hold off on the seat backs until they solve the problem. I had Treks on my 2010 though, I I can vouch for the quality. I sold them to a guy after having them installed in my rig for 8-10 month, they still looked brand new.

Top Bottom