ANYONE RUNNING 37"x13.50 on a 17"x8" RIM ??

MAMUT

I would like to hear back from you in regards to tire wear, or any pros & cons that you've experienced.

RockyJk

I think you run the risk of loosing a bead with that wide of a tire on a 17x8 wheel you'd probably be safer with a 12.5 wide tire...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It's not that much different the running factory wheels on a 12.5" tire. Factory wheels are 7.5" wide. You can do it but you will need spacers.

MAMUT

How about with a 3.5" backspacing. I think it would be fine without a spacer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkjurny

The tire spec will specify the min and max recommended width from the manufacturer. You should check there first to see if it works against their spec

MAMUT

I called trail ready, they said it was fine to run that size tire on a 17x8". Discount tire (americas tires) won't install them due to liability issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JayKay

Caught the Bug
If you do some highway driving, you'll wear the center of the tire and the shoulders will cup.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
if you air it down to say 26-28 psi it should make for a more even tire wear and prevent it, no?

It would help with tire wear. But I ran my 315/70R17's on 8" wheels at first, 32-35 psi and they started cupping on the shoulders. Now I run 8.5" wheels, hopefully it'll correct the tire wear the. 8" wheels caused. I wouldn't run the tires less than 30 psi on the highway, will affect mpg and cause the tires to run hot, could cause tire failure on hot summer days

Tcdawg

It would help with tire wear. But I ran my 315/70R17's on 8" wheels at first, 32-35 psi and they started cupping on the shoulders. Now I run 8.5" wheels, hopefully it'll correct the tire wear the. 8" wheels caused. I wouldn't run the tires less than 30 psi on the highway, will affect mpg and cause the tires to run hot, could cause tire failure on hot summer days

I don't think it was the width of the wheel, it was your tire pressure.

I run my 37 X 12.50" MTR's on an 8" wheel at 28 psi. No problems and they don't overheat.

regarding the 13.50 tire on an 8" wide wheel, I was wondering that myself. Anybody running that combo with a picture.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

I don't think it was the width of the wheel, it was your tire pressure.

I run my 37 X 12.50" MTR's on an 8" wheel at 28 psi. No problems and they don't overheat.

regarding the 13.50 tire on an 8" wide wheel, I was wondering that myself. Anybody running that combo with a picture.

what tcdawg said. i run my 315/75r16 nittos on an 8" rim at 28-30 psi and i have an even wear going so far.

Top Bottom