Making Budget for ReGear + Goodies, Replace TracLok w TrueTrac?

jorgelrod

Hooked
I'm looking at regearing my JK after moving to 33's. Already looking to make a budget, to get 4.56's, front Truetrac, rebuild kits, etc, My Question is Should I save some $$ and stay with the TracLok in the rear or Move to a True Trac in the rear as well? I've though about the Detroit Locker but it's $615 vs $400 for a TT, most of my Wheeling is Mud, Fording and that sort of stuff, not a whole lotta rock crawling here in the island.

Recomendations Welcome,

Jorge

Last edited:

Atch

What gears do you currently have? Regardless, I would use the regear money for some other mod. Regearing just for 33's seems to be a bit of a waste to me considering you have the 3.6.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I have 3.73's, What about the Trak Loc which is actually my biggest question over gears.

Last edited:

Smitty

How well does your trac-lok work? The one I had in my TJU was worthless. I actually took my diff cover off once to see if I had one. My son put trutracs in the front and rear of his TJ and it was a drastic difference. If yours is working well just drop a truetrac in the front butt at some point the clutch discs in the Trac-loc will wear out so if you go with both you will be set.

Top Bottom