Stained plastic tinted windows?

BIGLex

Good morning every one,

Went Jeeping yesterday and I noticed as I washed the Jeep last night that the same mud spots on my rear plastic windows were not coming off...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384784032.322974.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384784126.570386.jpg

I washed...
Washed...
Did an online search over night & heard about Meguiars Plastix, used it this morning and still nothing...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384784145.871822.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384784155.737500.jpg

Did the mud bake on the plastic and ruin them?

Is there a solution?
(Other then buying new windows?)

Thanks for any help!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Try dish washing detergent and water. I've used the powder stuff before. Doesn't need to be a heavy mix.

hmmm good idea. i have the same problem with my windows but just elave it cause i know it will happen again at some point lol

BIGLex

Try dish washing detergent and water. I've used the powder stuff before. Doesn't need to be a heavy mix.

I'll try that later on...
How expensive are these windows anyway?

I'm thinking a pair for daily and a pair for Trails and Mudding... If they are not so expensive...

BIGLex

Plastix actually worked...
I just needed to do it with a little more force... It's not perfect but I see with time and maybe an orbital buffer, it will come out...

Thanks for the tips guys!

suicideking

You can buy replacement windows for around $300. I think quadratec has them for that price.

I might buy some because mine are not tinted and apparently cant be tinted. I might keep the clear set as trail windows since they're pretty scratched up.

Top Bottom