Front Bumper-- Stinger or other

texasdave

Ok, what is the advantage of a stinger vs. say a pre runner or other after market bumper that has winch mount capabilities??? I see that it would give more leverage if someone had to grab it to keep you from rolling or teetering….. what else?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It's intended purpose is to protect the radiator in the event of a front roll but most people just have them for looks.

texasdave

It's intended purpose is to protect the radiator in the event of a front roll but most people just have them for looks.

I did not know that. It does look pretty cool though!!! I went with the stubby pre runner style that JCR had. But I'm liking the look of the PS and the EVO 1/4 pounder with the stinger.

pvanweelden

The stinger can protect the radiator, so that if you rollover, the radiator hopefully survives, so you can still drive it off the trail.

If you hit a deer, etc, it can keep the animal from coming up onto the grill, hood, windshield.

texasdave

Cool. Yeah, I was just seeing if there was something else I was missing. My bumper is fine, just trying to decide if I wanted to change the look a bit or not. I should just save my money and get a better lift. Running a Rough Country 2.5 at the moment. Not going to be doing crazy crawling yet since this is my DD. I'm sure the move to Colorado will change that though.

Top Bottom