budget boost/leveling kit to 2.5 AEV

Mexican_Guard

has anyone added a budget boost or leveling kit to their 2.5 lift? (or any lift for that matter) I have a AEV 2.5 on my 2013 2 Door....

EDIT: I have the actuall coil and shock lift with geo brackets installed now, and want opinoins on adding BB or Level.

Last edited:

JKbrick

I put the JKS 2" coil lift on and threw a Tera Flex 1/2" spacer on top of the front coil while it was apart, figured it would save me time later after a bumper and winch

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
has anyone added a budget boost or leveling kit to their 2.5 lift? (or any lift for that matter) I have a AEV 2.5 on my 2013 2 Door....

EDIT: I have the actuall coil and shock lift with geo brackets installed now, and want opinoins on adding BB or Level.

No reason why you can't but, if you do, your shocks will be way too short. Your sway bar links will be on the short side too. If you get longer shocks, you will need to do something to address your front drive shaft as it will get ruin when it makes contact with your exhaust cross over and, being that you have a 2-door, your rear shaft will need to be replaced as the steeper angle it will now sit in will cause your CV boots to fail prematurely. When getting a new rear shaft, you will need to get adjustable rear upper control arms to set your pinion angle.

Mexican_Guard

No reason why you can't but, if you do, your shocks will be way too short. Your sway bar links will be on the short side too. If you get longer shocks, you will need to do something to address your front drive shaft as it will get ruin when it makes contact with your exhaust cross over and, being that you have a 2-door, your rear shaft will need to be replaced as the steeper angle it will now sit in will cause your CV boots to fail prematurely. When getting a new rear shaft, you will need to get adjustable rear upper control arms to set your pinion angle.

Could i get shock extentions i JUST upgraded to the AEV 2.5 with drop brackets. im fine getting everything else slowly before putting the BB on, but dont wnat the new shocks to go to waste....and is this everything i woulkd need? I would LOVE to have a list from the more experienced (than me, not you @wayoflife lol) JEEPERS out there if possible....

Top Bottom