2012 constant pull to right

There are lots of threads on this but never really an answer?? searched and searched messed around with jeep time and time again.

specs.

3.5" coils + 1" spacers
currie lower adjustable arms
Synergy trac bar and sector shaft brace kit
custom DOM tube adn hiem joints steering
37" toyo tires

From what i can tell with a magnetic protractor and a tape measure im currently sitting here.

1/8" toe in
+6* camber
and the last alignment rack said im at -0.5* negative caster i have welded gussets

If im driver under 40km/h it drives straight steering wheel is straight all is well handles good.

Any faster then that there is a constant hard pull to the right if i let go on the wheel the jeep veers right off the road, im so sick of holding the wheel that it makes me want to sell the damn thing! alingment shops are pointless they just set the two to 1/16" camber to +4.2 and nothing to the caster...

Ball joints all new syngery ones, steering is a month old, currie arms are a month old trac bar and brackets all a month old tires 3 months old so everything is very new.

Tried rotating tires pulls exactly the same so i cant see it being a radial tire pull... tried taking stabalizer off pulls the same with it on or off.

Not sure what other info to give up front i think i covered it all from what i have read on here and other forums and what i have tried!

anyone got any ideas? its getting pretty annoying thats for sure

Anyone got a measured length of what they run their lower and upper front control arms at for a 4" suspnesion lift? i can double check my currie arms agains your numbers see if im in the ball park

thanks

Tackerdown

Banned
Did you measure the exact lift hight? I can check my sons when he gets home tonight although I'm thinking someone may have it before that. I guess More than one might help.

Tom

I can measure exact when im home tonight

This problem started once i put the 37s on the jeep had 35" mtz last year with 3.5" lift no issues, added 37s and 1" coil spacers every since been a crazy pull to the right

One thing i have been trying to pay attention to while driving is bump steer if my front passenger tire goes up over a hump on the road the jeep veers left, but i cant tell if its becasue im constantly holding the wheel to pull it left as i drive its so tough to determine but what i do know is something is off and causing it

I dont believe its radial tire pull because if you rotate all 4 tires around in any order you want the pull is the exact same...

I dont believe its due to the fact that the axle shaft has more drag becaseu of its length becasue it went straight on 35s

so i do think its some sort of alignment issue of some sort and it shouldnt pull now when it didnt before

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, you have Toyo's and it's totally normal for them to experience a drift to the right. Nitto Trail Grapplers drift to the left.

camber isnt adjustable its just at that number... welded gussets on to keep it there as soon as i bought it those were the numbers and it got gussets from evo

caster set with currie arms

axles are within 1/4" centered of each other...

Its more of a drift like a slight drift over time i can deal with this is like i take my hand off the wheel it goes over into the other lane so i can never let go of the wheel its been like this for last 10,000km of me messing with things trying to correct it, tires are all wearing evenly i rotate every 3000km pull never changes.

if this is "normal" then ill sell these damn tires tomorrow and buy something that drives true and straight i cant grasp that concept just to live with it the MTZ drove perfect

CrazyLarry

camber isnt adjustable its just at that number... welded gussets on to keep it there as soon as i bought it those were the numbers and it got gussets from evo

caster set with currie arms

axles are within 1/4" centered of each other...

Its more of a drift like a slight drift over time i can deal with this is like i take my hand off the wheel it goes over into the other lane so i can never let go of the wheel its been like this for last 10,000km of me messing with things trying to correct it, tires are all wearing evenly i rotate every 3000km pull never changes.

if this is "normal" then ill sell these damn tires tomorrow and buy something that drives true and straight i cant grasp that concept just to live with it the MTZ drove perfect

Its probably radial pull like others have mentioned im pretty sure i have it to with my MTRs. To combat it try adjusting your drivers side front lower control arm about 1/8 to 1/4 shorter than your passenger side. Before you do that remove your steering stabilizer and drive around for a while to see how your "pure" steering geometry behaves. Then have someone turn the steering wheel rapidly while the jeep is running while your underneath checking for any type of play or clunking of your joints and bushings. After you make your adjustment to your control arm take it to an alignment shop and get some numbers. Your caster should be less on the drivers side

thanks for the replies,

Im going to adjust the control arms again tonight still tring to find what other people are running for arm length. Im not that high up 4.5" suspension that has sagges to prolly 3.75" plus 1.12" body lift but that doesnt matter for this issue...

I have stock pitman arm with Synergy sector shaft brace and trac bar brace with synergy trac bar all brand new under 2000km on them, new hard ware as well

New synergy balljoints under 5000km just checked them last night tight as can be still

I did a custom drag link flip kit i got 1.5" DOM tube .25" wall and welded bungs in the end with rod ends and missalignment spacers its bomb proof and allowed me to flip the drag link on the knuckle

Im going to try and get a buddy to come over one saturday and well swap out our tires someone with 35s or something that has a perfectly straight driving jeep do the swap and then say yup toyo suck or nope its alignment issue i think thats my best bet right now to pin point the problem.

If it is truely caused by Toyo tires does anyone know if the Nitto mud grapplers pull like crazy too?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
thanks for the replies,

Im going to adjust the control arms again tonight still tring to find what other people are running for arm length. Im not that high up 4.5" suspension that has sagges to prolly 3.75" plus 1.12" body lift but that doesnt matter for this issue...

I have stock pitman arm with Synergy sector shaft brace and trac bar brace with synergy trac bar all brand new under 2000km on them, new hard ware as well

New synergy balljoints under 5000km just checked them last night tight as can be still

I did a custom drag link flip kit i got 1.5" DOM tube .25" wall and welded bungs in the end with rod ends and missalignment spacers its bomb proof and allowed me to flip the drag link on the knuckle

Im going to try and get a buddy to come over one saturday and well swap out our tires someone with 35s or something that has a perfectly straight driving jeep do the swap and then say yup toyo suck or nope its alignment issue i think thats my best bet right now to pin point the problem.

If it is truely caused by Toyo tires does anyone know if the Nitto mud grapplers pull like crazy too?

As far as I know my mud grapplers don't pull, but then again my alignment is a little off and I'm still running stock arms till I get my adjustable arms put on.

Sent from my iPhone

cboggs

Ive run the 37" Toyo's for 26k miles and have never had them pull to the right, straight as an arrow without a lift and with a 4" lift.

mkjeep

Junkyard Dog
My toyos pulled to the right and I installed a gas charged bilstein SS that caused a push to the left. Evened things out, all is well.

mrmike

I had BFG A/T's and my jeep pulled left. I put on the 35 Toyo and it pulled right. I tried a used set of 37" Nitto trail grabbers and my jeep went left again. Same fox stabilizer had been on it the entire time.

As to the bump steer, I did notice having the constant steering wheel correction played into that.

I should mention that my dad's Raptor has 35 Toyos and it drifts right but hit as string as my JK.

Tackerdown

Banned
Sorry it took so long and not sure that this will help but his lower control arms are 23 3/8 or 23 1/4

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Just my two cents. At the shop I work at I've come to find out that 95% of the pull issues we see are caused by a defective tire. Try swapping front tires side to side if you haven't done so already. Even if the bad tire was on the rear, if it's bad enough you may still experience a pull. The only alignment angle that may cause a pull is obviously caster. A shop with a good alignment rack will help with the caster, we don't have any problems with our Hunter rack.

Tackerdown

Banned
Just my two cents. At the shop I work at I've come to find out that 95% of the pull issues we see are caused by a defective tire. Try swapping front tires side to side if you haven't done so already. Even if the bad tire was on the rear, if it's bad enough you may still experience a pull. The only alignment angle that may cause a pull is obviously caster. A shop with a good alignment rack will help with the caster, we don't have any problems with our Hunter rack.

I believe he did that but while your here I'm pretty sure I bent my tie rod. Could this also cause a pull to the left. I'm thinking yes just because I didn't have the problem before that.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I believe he did that but while your here I'm pretty sure I bent my tie rod. Could this also cause a pull to the left. I'm thinking yes just because I didn't have the problem before that.

I'm sure it would. If the tie rod is bent bad enough it would cause the tires to fight against each other. Excessive positive or negative toe can also cause a pull.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
It's just strange that just-lift-it's rig only pulls at 55+ mph, makes me believe it may end up having a caster issue.

Tackerdown

Banned
I figured that was my prob. Tks now to fix it before I screw up my tires.

Top Bottom