Viair 400P Portable Air Compressor

DCR JEEP

Does anybody have any experience or feedback with this compressor? I'm currently running 35 inch tires so I don't think I'll have a problem. Need Feedback!

Thanks

TheDuff

I have been using this compressor for a lil over a year. Works fine for airing up my 35's. Hasn't hit thermal shut off yet, usually able to fill all 4 tires and help someone else fill theirs.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

DCR JEEP

I have been using this compressor for a lil over a year. Works fine for airing up my 35's. Hasn't hit thermal shut off yet, usually able to fill all 4 tires and help someone else fill theirs.

Alright great! I was going to use mine for the same purposes, thanks.

TheDuff

Just want to point out though, that 400p is 33% duty cycle. This one is only a lil more and is 100% duty cycle
http://www.viaircorp.com/450P-A.html although I have been happy with mine, I kinda wish I had spent the extra $20 to future proof myself for 37s

Last edited:

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Just want to point out though, that 400p is 33% duty cycle. This one is only a lil more and is 100% duty cycle
http://www.viaircorp.com/450P-A.html although I have been happy with mine, I kinda wish I had spent the extra $20 to future proof myself for 37s

I have been filling my 37s with my 400p and have done others Tires right after mine and it never shuts off.

DCR JEEP

I'm just going to stick with the 400p. I'll probably never run a tire bigger than a 35 so it should get the job done.

DCR JEEP

Yeah, was going to get a $100 priced compressor like a smittybilt... Then I woke up. I don't think it's a good thing to go cheap when it comes to compressors and 35 inch tires lol

JAGS

Hooked
I have been filling my 37s with my 400p and have done others Tires right after mine and it never shuts off.

This is somewhat encouraging. I picked up the 400P some time ago thinking I'd be going 35s. Now looks more like 37s. The 400P does the stock Rubi 32s just fine, in case anyone was wondering. :crazyeyes::cheesy:

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
This is somewhat encouraging. I picked up the 400P some time ago thinking I'd be going 35s. Now looks more like 37s. The 400P does the stock Rubi 32s just fine, in case anyone was wondering. :crazyeyes::cheesy:

You are not going to have a problem with 37s.

Top Bottom