EVO HD SwayBar EndLinks

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Does any body run EVO HD SwayBar EndLinks? Do you have them on front and rear? I don't have a Rubi, so would it be worth running these instead of a disconnect? Any advise would be great :yup: thank you!! :standing wave:

EVO-1036_medium.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have them on my none rubi. Got sick of the JkS links so I got the EVO. Takes a minute and their off.

I do have a rubi sway bar in my garage though.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hey Adam,

Can you tell any difference with them on between the stock and EVO?

Not sure what you mean. If your sway bar is connected it'll feel the same. And being that you don't have an edisco you don't have to worry about over extending them while wheeling.

CrazyLarry

I have them on my none rubi. Got sick of the JkS links so I got the EVO. Takes a minute and their off. I do have a rubi sway bar in my garage though.

when i saw this i thought this thread was about quick discos my mistake. Anyway I may look into these those bushings or joints or whatever they are look pretty bulletproof and a hell of a lot better than those crappy teraflex bushings on my rig that are cracking like crazy

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Not sure what you mean. If your sway bar is connected it'll feel the same. And being that you don't have an edisco you don't have to worry about over extending them while wheeling.

I just put on my 2.5" lift and moved the links from back onto the front. But was thinking of upgrading to the EVO's if they would make any difference in handling or ride. Wasn't sure if it would be worth the upgrading.

If off-roading I would still have to disconnect the links to get full flex correct?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I just put on my 2.5" lift and moved the links from back onto the front. But was thinking of upgrading to the EVO's if they would make any difference in handling or ride. Wasn't sure if it would be worth the upgrading.

If off-roading I would still have to disconnect the links to get full flex correct?

Ye you would still have to disconnect.

JHP81

i like them. i have a rubi so i keep it at a length where it won't hyper extend like how my RK's did(the ones that came with my 2.5 weren't long enough and it flipped).
like mentioned above, they're just an end links... nothing special, but, i like how they look.

JHP81

to answer your ?, I don't know if I would get these since you don't have e-disco... it might be a little extra hassle to undo these on the trail but in the same time, it's not that hard to undo these. I did have TF quick disco before and don't get those, trust me!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
to answer your ?, I don't know if I would get these since you don't have e-disco... it might be a little extra hassle to undo these on the trail but in the same time, it's not that hard to undo these. I did have TF quick disco before and don't get those, trust me!

They are no harder then the stock ones to take off.

jeffd

EVO says they can be used to get rid of the gangster jeep lean. I am guessing they have one adjusted longer to push up on the sway bar. I wonder if that would mess with the electric sway bar discos I know it would be a pain reattaching manually.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
EVO says they can be used to get rid of the gangster jeep lean. I am guessing they have one adjusted longer to push up on the sway bar. I wonder if that would mess with the electric sway bar discos I know it would be a pain reattaching manually.
I read that too, still wondering if doing this upgrade would be worth it :thinking:. Improving handling or would I not see much of a difference.:idontknow:

ChaosNein

You generally are not going to see much of a "ride difference" as the sway bar, when connected, is doing all of the work. The benefit of the HD is that they are much harder to bend when on the trail.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
You generally are not going to see much of a "ride difference" as the sway bar, when connected, is doing all of the work. The benefit of the HD is that they are much harder to bend when on the trail.

Thank you for all the info.:standing wave:. I just installed my 2.5" lift with Rubi coils and shocks I gained 3.25" of lift. The kit came with rear links and had to move the stock rear to front. I thought maybe adding the EVO links would be a better. If not much of a DIF. I will spend the money on other EVO upgrades... Thank you Drew!:standing wave:

jeffd

My front passenger side is 1/2-3/4" lower then my driver's side on the front only. The rear both sides are the same. I have a 2014 rubicon with a 2" lift. would the these lift the passenger front? Is it going to mess with the auto swaybar disconnects? I know on my last wrangler I had discos and if I was not on level ground I had a heck of a time getting connected again. I am guessing that the way your sway bar links level things up is to put more pressure on the lower side sway bar ie that side is adjusted longer is that correct? any long term issues with doing that? thanks jeff

Deacon

Digging up an old thread

Resurrecting a very old thread ---
Have a 16 Rubicon with ProRock 60's which have raised sway bar mounts to the axle --I have been running the Metal Cloak fixed sway bar end links for the past year which measure 12.25", My sway bar angle is pretty high and upon measuring to get to the 5 to 10 degree angle , I really need a 10" end link.
Read on another post here recently , think it was TreeFrog that stated that adding some preload to the front sway bar that it would help alleviate the JK lean to the passenger side. EVO also states in their selling points the same. I have 2.5 coilovers up front and have 3/4" preload (1 3/4" threads showing) to my passenger side and 1/4" to drivers side (1 1/4" threads showing) and my jeep still has a 1/2" lean to passenger.
BTW I have my jeep set to about a 4.5" lift --- I did at one time set my drivers side to 0 preload but my measurements were the same with 1/2 lean but ended up setting back to the 1.75 and 1.25 setting.

So the questions are ---
Would adding preload to the passenger side with the EVO end links make the Rubicon Auto reconnect a problem ? Seems the jeep wants to be perfectly level to reconnect...

Also any issues with running the heim joints on the end links.. most others use a rubber bushing ?

As stated my sway bar is pretty high.. would lowering it to the just about parallel position improve driveability any ? My Jeep already drives pretty friggin good.
Thanks for any input.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I wouldn't pre-load a rubi sway bar. It won't want to hook back up. You have adjustable coilovers so you're fine if the spring preloads are different left to right. I run 1/2" spacers on the passenger side to do the same thing with 3" coils.

No issues with the EVO heim joints. I run evo links front and rear.

Top Bottom