Heated Seats - Quick question!

godkorg

I have a killer deal on a mpar heated seat kit but it's not the one for my year (2008 JKU)

Would I still be able to install it? The one I'm looking to install on my 2008 is Mopar number 82212697

Its a long shot but worth asking :D I tried searching, lots on heated seats, but not a lot said about cross-compatibility.

Thanks in advance!!

pvanweelden

For the most part, all you need to do is have a place to mount the switches, and wire up 12v constant, 12v switched, ground, and a "hot wire when lights are on" to the heated seat kits. Most kits, whether Mopar or not, are all pretty similar, and can be bought for around $65-85 for a pair on amazon or ebay.
i hope the deal you got was a lot cheaper than the $275 they want for that kit on amazon. a few years ago i paid 150 to install heated seats in all 4 of my seats in my TJ, will be doing the same to my jku soon.

godkorg

For the most part, all you need to do is have a place to mount the switches, and wire up 12v constant, 12v switched, ground, and a "hot wire when lights are on" to the heated seat kits. Most kits, whether Mopar or not, are all pretty similar, and can be bought for around $65-85 for a pair on amazon or ebay.
i hope the deal you got was a lot cheaper than the $275 they want for that kit on amazon. a few years ago i paid 150 to install heated seats in all 4 of my seats in my TJ, will be doing the same to my jku soon.

Thanks for the quick reply!! Yeah I'm getting them for about half price (mopar ones).. the $65 buck ones look OK, are they just as good? rather than take a chance on the Mopar ones I might get those instead...

biggy

Search warmseats on ebay. They are around 80 bucks a seat . The pads are huge and cover the entire seating area. You can get them with a plug in for the cigarette lighter or you can hard wire. I hardwired mine and they have worked perfect for 2 years. They are also waterproof.

pvanweelden

80 bucks a seat is a little too high, the kits off ebay or amazon are 65-85 for 2 seats.
I had the ones that used a vw jetta type switch, with controls from 0-5, individual settings for each seat, instead of the typical high low switches.
If you have seat covers already, a super easy install method is to attach the heat pads to the inside of your seat covers.

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

godkorg

Search warmseats on ebay. They are around 80 bucks a seat . The pads are huge and cover the entire seating area. You can get them with a plug in for the cigarette lighter or you can hard wire. I hardwired mine and they have worked perfect for 2 years. They are also waterproof.

Cool! Love the idea of a bigger surface because, it gets seriously cold here some days, twice the price of the other kits though

A quick search for warm seats came up with these, SOLD! Bahahahha :D http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Car-Seat-Cover-Warm-winter-car-seat-covers-wool-100-/251384320284?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a87ac511c&vxp=mtr&_uhb=1

biggy

80 bucks a seat is a little too high, the kits off ebay or amazon are 65-85 for 2 seats.
I had the ones that used a vw jetta type switch, with controls from 0-5, individual settings for each seat, instead of the typical high low switches.
If you have seat covers already, a super easy install method is to attach the heat pads to the inside of your seat covers.

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

But these are way larger pads and are waterproof with a 3 yr warranty

Top Bottom