(Odd) Bed liner question

JKU EXTREME

I am wondering if I bed lined, say, some poison Spyder fenders (black). If I sprayed factory paint ontop of the bed lined fenders, would it stay on for a good while/ would it be durable or would it just chip off?

Thanks
-John

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I am wondering if I bed lined, say, some poison Spyder fenders (black). If I sprayed factory paint ontop of the bed lined fenders, would it stay on for a good while/ would it be durable or would it just chip off?

Thanks
-John

It probably wouldn't even stick.

FuriousDz

I know rhino liners out here will mix a paint in with the liner to get a color matched bed liner but I dont know if it would work just spraying on top of it.
You could always try it on a piece of scrap and see how it comes out

JKU EXTREME

I know rhino liners out here will mix a paint in with the liner to get a color matched bed liner but I dont know if it would work just spraying on top of it.
You could always try it on a piece of scrap and see how it comes out

I'll investigate that, thank you

JAGS

Hooked
Agree with testing on some scraps. Maybe prime/bedline/prime/paint??? :crazyeyes: :idontknow:

JKU EXTREME

The reason I ask is because I know that there are some bed liners that already have paint but, they are entirely more expensive

MTG

Caught the Bug
Just to make it more durable

Any paint has the possibility of getting chipped. Probably more so over a less than ideal surface (e.g. bedliner). I'd go with dyed bedliner or just paint it and get some touch up paint for any dings. :yup:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
The bedliner company's I've dealt with in the past add automotive paint colorant minus the binders into the coating. Then they spray. it on. There are some aftermarket DIY coating out there that are tintable. IMO, I would not coat on top. Just tint it and spray.

Top Bottom