Good Tire carrier

Lagavulin

Looking for a tire carrier for a 98 TJ. Something simple and sturdy enough for 33" tires and larger. Id like to stay lower than 500$ but all suggestions are welcome. Please and Thank you

Woody3

I third the LOD swing away spare tire carrier. Rattle free, easy install and good for the budget. I installed mine by myself with the use of a couple ratchet straps and some stubborn determination. Lol

OIIIIIO

Cbking

I highly recommend the dirtworx's bumper. It is high quality and worth the wait time. He has a website and is a eBay vendor.

Lagavulin

I looked at the LOD and so far I like it. Its pretty much exactly what I was looking for - simplistic, high lift mount, 2" receiver, and D Ring tow points. However, I don't plan on purchasing this for another month or two so more suggestions are welcome.

staud11

I have heard a lot of great things about the OR-FAB rear tire carrier! I think they run for around $600.

Woody3

I don't think you'll be sorry with choosing the LOD :D

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

wilkinsglock5

I have the Body Armor bumper and tire carrier. It is an decent product, but I wouldn't suggest it to anyone. It was such a hassle to install and was missing a set screw to prevent the tire from shaking like crazy. and It does rattle over washboard roads. Also the set screw for the swing arm shaft broke the second day out on the trail. I heard great things about the OR-FAB tire carrier, Gen-Rite, LoD. I wish I would have mad a better decision on my bumper and tire carrier choice. :naw:

JKFlyer

I had the high rock when I had a TJ earlier in year and it was nice. One motion with tailgate

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1389327748884.jpg
    1389327748884.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 278

enjoylife

oh my jeep even looks and drives a lot better now even! been working out all of the kinks out with it to actually enjoy it. i really like your jeep as well! wonder how many hours you are away from me

SquareLJ

Gr8tops Exogate. $385.

I have an LoD and have grown tired of the rattling and how the thin metal swing stop broke under normal use so the jerry can on the passenger side now contacts the body. Also, where the actual swing arm contacts the latch stop, the constant moving of that will wear down the powder coating within a week. I put a small rubber square to prevent that, but it's just a pain in the butt to keep track of it.

Lagavulin

Gr8tops Exogate. $385.

I have an LoD and have grown tired of the rattling and how the thin metal swing stop broke under normal use so the jerry can on the passenger side now contacts the body. Also, where the actual swing arm contacts the latch stop, the constant moving of that will wear down the powder coating within a week. I put a small rubber square to prevent that, but it's just a pain in the butt to keep track of it.

This is the problem I had with my last tire carrier... I don't want to repeat it.

Top Bottom