Hello from the Sportsman's Paradise.

kreynolds

I don't own a jeep. I'm trying to decide what my next vehicle will be and a JKU is high on the list. I'll be hanging out to learn more about jeeps in general. So far I've been impressed with the knowledge of the members. Who knows, maybe in a month or two, I'll be able to give a real Jeep wave. Thanks for letting me hang out.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I don't own a jeep. I'm trying to decide what my next vehicle will be and a JKU is high on the list. I'll be hanging out to learn more about jeeps in general. So far I've been impressed with the knowledge of the members. Who knows, maybe in a month or two, I'll be able to give a real Jeep wave. Thanks for letting me hang out.

Welcome to Wayalife! Where are you from and what interests you in a Jeep?

kreynolds

I'm in north Louisiana. I've always had an interest in owning a jeep. My grandfather had one with a V8 when I was growing up. Those are some good memories.

I've driven a 3/4 ton truck for the last twenty or so years because I needed the utility and towing ability. That will change when I sale my travel trailer.

I'll still need to pull a small trailer / boat for hunting and fishing duties. I'm in some what of a unique position in that all of the big stuff I'll tow belongs to my in-laws and they have the trucks and trailers to tow it all.

While we're on the in-laws, they have a class A that we use 3-4 times a year. Since they don't have a toad, it would be nice if my next vehicle could fill that need. The jeep would be great for that, however it's not a deal breaker.

Other than that, I just need a daily driver that can handle the kids and other regular stuff. At this point there's no hard core off-roading. The duck lease can get pretty sloppy so 4wd is a must. The jeep seems like it would fill my needs and be fun to drive.

Welcome to WayaLife ! Hope a Jeep is in your future, sounds like like it will fit the sportsmen side of the question.:standing wave:

1yellowjk

Sweet. You'll love a JKU. Some tips from a JKU and JK owner.

1. Get a JKU if you have kids or want to carry anything.
2. Get a 12 or up..the 3.6L is WAY better than the 3.8L
3. If you buy a sport check to see what gears are in it.
4. IMO I would buy an auto, life is much eaiser.
5. Crawl underneath what ever you buy and look at the skid plates, if they have gouges and cuts chances are it has been wheeled.

I prefer a soft top down here in LA, as you know one day it can be 50 then the next 75 and you'll want to drop the top....it's easier with the soft and the wind noise is not like it was with the older Jeeps. PLus storing a hard top is a PITA.

Good luck man, you can't go wrong with a Jeep...(this coming from the guy who just sold his to buy a truck :(

I'm in north Louisiana. I've always had an interest in owning a jeep. My grandfather had one with a V8 when I was growing up. Those are some good memories.

I've driven a 3/4 ton truck for the last twenty or so years because I needed the utility and towing ability. That will change when I sale my travel trailer.

I'll still need to pull a small trailer / boat for hunting and fishing duties. I'm in some what of a unique position in that all of the big stuff I'll tow belongs to my in-laws and they have the trucks and trailers to tow it all.

While we're on the in-laws, they have a class A that we use 3-4 times a year. Since they don't have a toad, it would be nice if my next vehicle could fill that need. The jeep would be great for that, however it's not a deal breaker.

Other than that, I just need a daily driver that can handle the kids and other regular stuff. At this point there's no hard core off-roading. The duck lease can get pretty sloppy so 4wd is a must. The jeep seems like it would fill my needs and be fun to drive.

I'll be happy to provide my jeep for a test drive out at the duck lease. All I ask is a hunt. Hell I'll even pay the guest fee. I just moved back up to bossier/Shreveport area and I'm going crazy not having a place to duck hunt. I lived down in Lafayette past 10 years and jus got into duck hunting the past 2 seasons. Had a couple places down there due to friends and my boss. Where is your lease located?

kreynolds

yellowjk- you've hit my checklist on the head but I'd add power windows and locks. My wife wants whatever I get to have leather as well. More than likely I'd be buying new. It's only a few grand more than the used ones I've seen. Plus, I've yet to see a non rubicon jku with 3.73 gears. All the dealers around here seem to order 3.21's or don't know the difference. My biggest worry with getting a Jeep is that I'll regret not getting a truck later on. I've got some thinking to do for sure.

DB- could have used an extra hunter this morning. My son and I did pretty good, but left early when the freezing rain set in. Our lease is in the Jones/Mer Rouge area of the delta.

Thanks for making me feel welcome everybody.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Welcome! :standing wave:

Here is a wave from Strizzychris and Cozdude as well. :standing wave:

yellowjk- you've hit my checklist on the head but I'd add power windows and locks. My wife wants whatever I get to have leather as well. More than likely I'd be buying new. It's only a few grand more than the used ones I've seen. Plus, I've yet to see a non rubicon jku with 3.73 gears. All the dealers around here seem to order 3.21's or don't know the difference. My biggest worry with getting a Jeep is that I'll regret not getting a truck later on. I've got some thinking to do for sure.

DB- could have used an extra hunter this morning. My son and I did pretty good, but left early when the freezing rain set in. Our lease is in the Jones/Mer Rouge area of the delta.

Thanks for making me feel welcome everybody.

I would have gladly provided myself as an extra hunter. These past couple of days have been screaming duck hunting. Been perfect weather for it. So your over by the Monroe area. That's pretty good duck hunting area right? If your ever in the bossier area try Landers Dodge. They support the local jeep club here and I find that dealerships that participate in local clubs tend to have a little more knowledge on the vehicles they sale. Not all of them though.

I agree that 4 door is a must with family. I bought a soft top specifically due to its ease of taking it off and on anywhere I am. I have a spiderweb shade that I keep on 24/7 under it. It's a mesh top so it still gives me that top down and freedom but cuts the sun and makes life driving with top down in summer Louisiana heat a pleasure. Any other questions you got for us just hit us up.

kreynolds

Welcome! :standing wave:

Here is a wave from Strizzychris and Cozdude as well. :standing wave:

I see what you did there. :D

DB - Jones is north east of Monroe, just south of the Arkansas line. I've heard its the best duck hunting area in LA, but I wouldn't make that claim. Like everywhere else it has it's good and bad days. Because its all agriculture land, there is a large concentration of ducks and geese. We passed by a 100 acre field the other day that was so covered in the white snow geese that it looked like a cotton field just before harvest. I've met people that do just as well on the Red River.

Just so were talking about Jeeps, I'll be sure to check out Lander's.

Hey if you come to bossier then stop by John Harvey Toyota. They got an orange 2013 model with what seems like a rubicon express long arm, fix ats, artec kit up front and rear is what it looks like. Has 13k miles and hard top. But I think might come with the soft top also. You can check it out on the website. Not sure if what your looking for but figured id let you know. Also has 35s on stock wheels didn't check spacers which I assume it has running that lift. Has their tie rod and drag link flip also.

Top Bottom