Jeep washing

mzbrandi

Ok, guys and gals. Who, besides me, is silly enough to go to the squirt-um up car wash (not drive through) and wash their Jeep with the outside temp at 30deg f? Oh, and with the wind blowing. And, the wash rack on the north side of the building and slipping and sliding on the ice on the ground. Oh what a dummy I am. :)

Brandi

crowrb29

Thankfully it hasn't been cold enough here for the water to freeze yet. I probably would though. I think a dirty jeep looks cool but I can't stand having it dirty for too long if I'm not actually out on the trail.

OsiViper

Eh. It's been raining here all day and supposed to rain for the next 2 days and there have been people going through the car wash all day.

JKbrick

The car washes I've plumbed in northern Indiana have us put hot water heat in the concrete where you stand and wash so ice does not build up on the concrete. It's a liability thing for them

Veetz

Ok, guys and gals. Who, besides me, is silly enough to go to the squirt-um up car wash (not drive through) and wash their Jeep with the outside temp at 30deg f? Oh, and with the wind blowing. And, the wash rack on the north side of the building and slipping and sliding on the ice on the ground. Oh what a dummy I am. :)

Brandi

Hey don't feel bad if it's gets dirty enough I'll go to the spray bay and slide on the ice and watch the soap freeze to the paint and then try to rinse it all off with the rinse ...hoping its warm enough to get the frozen soap of ...then I jump back in and blow into my hands to get them warmed back up....I thought I was the only one, standing wave to you brother I feel the pain

If you don't have a CB yell from your Jeep

MikeO

Just did it yesterday here in Levittown, Pa where it was a balmy 37° with wind child in the teens.

Sent from my MB865 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

mzbrandi

Well,this gal is happy to know that she is not the only one to have frozen water and soap from the car wash. Sheesh, just had to get that nasty road salt off my baby. Thank guys. :)

Veetz

Just did it yesterday here in Levittown, Pa where it was a balmy 37° with wind child in the teens.

Sent from my MB865 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Go mike0 nice job...way to hang

Veetz

Well,this gal is happy to know that she is not the only one to have frozen water and soap from the car wash. Sheesh, just had to get that nasty road salt off my baby. Thank guys. :)

Love if.....

bl17z90

Too damn cold here to touch water at all outside.

What happens to soft tops if they go through an automated wash?

Sent from my phone?

Tree Frog

So I am not crazy.
Going south for the holiday and most of my family has not seen the new jeep. So I had to get it all pretty after the wife and I have been having fun running it all over every weekend just to see what it will do.
Air temp was right around 33. The sun came out for a few minutes right before dusk so even with a slight breeze I was all over it.

Finished up with the electric blower to dry it off and pulled it into the garage for the final wipe down and application of tire slime.

I thought I was the only one that was just not right.:crazyeyes:

KPM171

You are not alone. I'll admit to having broken out my snowboarding gear so that I can keep warm while toweling everything down. As far as hitting the under carriage, there's a DIY car wash with some very tall curbs instead of wash bay walls. Get two wheels up on that curb and that's not a bad angle to spray off that that road grime.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Oh yeah! I think most of us have done it. A bucket of warm soapy water, a wet driveway, a cold and sunny Colorado winter day. Been there, done that and I'll do it again. I love my Jeep.:yup:

Top Bottom