Sidewinder Bronco Peak

MTG

Caught the Bug
So I took the afternoon off and had a little bit of free time to surf the net. Not sure how I missed this one. This is close to where I used to mountain bike when I lived in El Cajon, Ca.

Any details on this run?

Is that EVO 1.. the early years?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! wow, blast from the past - yeah, that was evo 1 way back when. what would you like to know about this run?

MTG

Caught the Bug
LOL!! wow, blast from the past - yeah, that was evo 1 way back when. what would you like to know about this run?

No kidding, right? I am not even sure how I found it. I was looking for runs in S. Nevada and this popped as a recommendation.

Nothing in particular. I used to live in El Cajon and mountain bike around there (e.g. Noble Canyon), so I'm familiar with the area. And frankly, I just like your writeups when you go on runs. Even something as simple as getting your mail sounds exciting to me. So any story behind it (whether truthful or not) would be enjoyable. :)

Looks like I need to bring my jeep the next time we return to the S.D. area?

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
That's enough for me! We are in! We are usually down in SD in December. If you are interested in doing this again, I think we would be up for it.

GCM 2

..........around there (e.g. noble canyon)

Two things;
Thanks for posting that blast from the past video, I had never watched that one :thumb: And more importantly, you get two gold stars for using the correct diction "e.g." as opposed to the more commonly and incorrectly used "i.e." :D

Sharkey

Word Ninja
GCM 2 said:
Two things;
Thanks for posting that blast from the past video, I had never watched that one :thumb: And more importantly, you get two gold stars for using the correct diction "e.g." as opposed to the more commonly and incorrectly used "i.e." :D

Couldn't they both be correct? If he only biked at Noble Canyon then i. e. would have also been correct diction, no? Lol! Hope you are doing well Greg. I imagine it's starting to get quite hot now in your neck of the woods.

So I took the afternoon off and had a little bit of free time to surf the net. Not sure how I missed this one. This is close to where I used to mountain bike when I lived in El Cajon, Ca.

Any details on this run?

Is that EVO 1.. the early years?

Awesome video, Eddie! :beer:

DManuel

Laura and I want to join if you do this run. We ran Espinoza Trail this past weekend. Our friend's Jeep, actually his wife, wasn't up for Sidewinder or Bronco Peak so we had to pass. We will drive down any time. Just let us know.

GCM 2

Sharkey said:
Couldn't they both be correct? If he only biked at Noble Canyon then i. e. would have also been correct diction, no? Lol! Hope you are doing well Greg. I imagine it's starting to get quite hot now in your neck of the woods.

Haha! Sharkey, you have trumped me! I love it.. As for my location, here is a photo taken from my front door of the moonscape environment, pretty blah I must say! Temp yesterday a very dry 122*

Attachments

• image-3282052836.jpg
    image-3282052836.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 477

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haha! Sharkey, you have trumped me! I love it.. As for my location, here is a photo taken from my front door of the moonscape environment, pretty blah I must say! Temp yesterday a very dry 122*

LOL!! what's with the rock art? a little bored out there or has the sun been getting to ya? :crazyeyes: :D

GCM 2

LOL!! what's with the rock art? a little bored out there or has the sun been getting to ya? :crazyeyes: :D

The rock art is what the local national military use to keep the "less than rocket surgeon intelligence" vehicle operators from driving on to the active aircraft runway that you can see to the right. These guys are not very bright, the simple matter of a fighter jet sitting on the runway is enough for me to know "don't cross now"

MTG

Caught the Bug
Two things;

Thanks, but I will self report a one star reduction for ommitting the "d" at the end of "mountain bike" :cheesy:

True they both could be correct, but having lived there for three years I did in fact ride more than one location. Therefore, I used the proper abbreviation of "for example," rather than the oft-missused "that is," and I'll take my two stars (with the aforementioned star reduction based upon the use of improper tense) thank you!

Freakin lawyers. :naw:

:cheesy:

122 degrees?! :eek: And I thought it was hot in Vegas at 105 last week.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Laura and I want to join if you do this run. We ran Espinoza Trail this past weekend. Our friend's Jeep, actually his wife, wasn't up for Sidewinder or Bronco Peak so we had to pass. We will drive down any time. Just let us know.

That would be awesome! :thumb:

As we get closer to December and solidify our plans I'll let you know if I am able to drive down and when.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
MTG said:
and I'll take my two stars (with the aforementioned star reduction based upon the use of improper tense) thank you!

I'm taking the other star. You forgot to capitalize a proper name. :cheesy::cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
this is definitely a trail i would prefer to run when things start to cool off. even then it can still be hot and dusty but, if we were to do it later on in the year, we'd love to make it happen. :yup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
wayoflife said:
this is definitely a trail i would prefer to run when things start to cool off. even then it can still be hot and dusty but, if we were to do it later on in the year, we'd love to make it happen. :yup:

We will be down there sometime in December.

Top Bottom