"A" Pillar Bolts

steve_r2

Does anyone happen to know the size of the bolts at the top of the A pillar inside the windshield ?

jeeeep

Hooked
pull the other one out and take it to an ACE hardware - you should be able to find a replacement

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know the exact size but it is metric and requires a 13mm socket to remove. Sorry, that's about the most I can tell you without pulling the bolt.

Rccrwlr

pull the other one out and take it to an ACE hardware - you should be able to find a replacement

Profile says he's in Dibai. I do think ^^ is the best bet though. Not sure how many of us will pull the bolt to see what it is

1979 Jeep CJ5 - RCCRWLR
2008 Jeep JKUR - JK RED

SaddleTramp

Your bolt didn't happen to fall down behind the A pillar cover or all the way down that column behind the side dash cover did it? Just asking from experience, I have dropped a socket down that column after trying to tighten the bolts which led to a crash course in how to remove all the trim pieces, just a thought before you hit the local Dubai Home Depot, ;) .

steve_r2

Your bolt didn't happen to fall down behind the A pillar cover or all the way down that column behind the side dash cover did it? Just asking from experience, I have dropped a socket down that column after trying to tighten the bolts which led to a crash course in how to remove all the trim pieces, just a thought before you hit the local Dubai Home Depot, ;) .
Hi Saddle,
That thought had crossed my mind.....and I did take the trim off just in the off chance....of course the bolt wasn't there :surprise: but I did learn how all the trim goes together ;)

Patrick

Would you believe 7 years later. I have a gravel drive and lost a socket a couple of years ago. Seeing this i just took a look.....wow. Now I have two matching sockets LOL

Thanks !

Top Bottom