Rear locked

Ed Lapadura

Went out this morning get in the Jeep and the rear feels like its got a spool in it. I pull back in the driveway having to power around the corner one tire chirping all the way. Has 3000 miles on it. Its a 2014 sport Anyone ever see this before? I've been a mechanic for 35 yrs never felt a posi lock up like that before. Dread the thought of taking it in and let some idiot touch my Jeep

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that you don't have a Rubicon, that is odd. You sure you weren't in 4WD by mistake?

Ed Lapadura

Definitely was not in 4 wheel drive had just pulled it out of the yard to go to the grocery store when I turn the corner the rear wheels were chirping felt like I had the brakes on so I looked at the brake lines and brake cables and everything appears to be ok very very strange

Sent from my LG-P659 using WAYALIFE mobile app

sanman357

Pull the cover and look inside. Something is wrong. I had a 93 blazer do the same thing, would have to saw the wheel back and forth for it to release. I just thought that the limited slip was hanging up. Did it a few times, then it spit pieces of diff through the back cover before I was able to get it checked out.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Was it cold there last night? Your ebrake could have frozen up. It feels that way if it freezes and has happened to me on my old truck before.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Was it cold there last night? Your ebrake could have frozen up. It feels that way if it freezes and has happened to me on my old truck before.

X2 too here. I had the same thing happen to my FJ. Parking brake frozen....:)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK-JOHN-E

Yeah, last night here in south Florida got to a frigid 68 degrees, how 'bout further south where you are Ed:cheesy:

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
We have 51 weeks of Summer down here.........we don't get our allotted 2 days of "Winter" until January so you can omit cold weather being a factor........I'm guessing the LSD hung up....maybe check the fluid level or take it in and have the dealer pull the cover and inspect it just to be sure......hate to have something be wrong and break while you're out and about and end up getting stuck......and if by chance that happens holler I'll come get you :thumb:

Woodrow

Top Bottom