BMF Wheels

Spartan

Does anyone know much about BMF Wheels? I like looks of some of there wheels, but was wounding how they would hold up and if anyone had run their wheels before.

GCM 2

I will actually admit that on the right diesel tow rig, with the right tire sidewall to wheel size ratio (meaning no low profile look), I kind dig the wide rim lip that BMF uses on almost all their wheels. However, on a vehicle that is built for truly seeing some off road use, these wheels would not fare too well and would probably see some significant damage to the finish at a minimum. Maybe BMF just puts the looks ahead of the function, and there is nothing really wrong with that for the type of show rigs that these typically get bolted to.

Spartan

I will actually admit that on the right diesel tow rig, with the right tire sidewall to wheel size ratio (meaning no low profile look), I kind dig the wide rim lip that BMF uses on almost all their wheels. However, on a vehicle that is built for truly seeing some off road use, these wheels would not fare too well and would probably see some significant damage to the finish at a minimum. Maybe BMF just puts the looks ahead of the function, and there is nothing really wrong with that for the type of show rigs that these typically get bolted to.

I think the finish on just about any wheel would take damage sooner or later if your rock crawling, so not to worried about that, and I could be wrong, but isn't the rim lip make like that to lower the chances of you blowing a bead when your aired down? If I'm wrong please let me know.

I like my wheels to have looks and function. That's why my last set was ATX Crawls. I had no problems with them even after taking damage to the finish and the rim lip. Just thought I would go with a different look on me new, and have a hard time finding a wheel that looks good, stands out, has 4.5 back spacing, will hold. In the end I may just end up going with ATX again.

Beyrgut

I have a set of M-80's and no complaints so far. I don't have the rocks to worry about here. Even if I did, I have enough scratches on the Jeep to not care about scuffing them up.

Spartan

It's not the finish I'm worried about. It's them braking after dropping off a rock onto them. I went with ATX last because I knew they could take that. If I can't find another brand that I'm convinced can take that then I'll end up going with ATX again.

Top Bottom