EVO Double D Long Arm Upgrade...

2012CrushJKU

Ive been looking at long arm upgrade options, and saw the Double D Long arm upgrade kit. I was just curious if anyone has any first hand experiences with this kit along with some up close pictures of the brackets. I was looking at the Teraflex LCG Elite LA upgrade kit before i stumbled upon this, and I love how robust EVO's products are. Thanks and look forward to y'all input.

Last edited:
Send a pm to Drew@offroadevolution or Chris@offroadevolution. Both work for ORE and will be able to get what you are looking for.

R/
Will

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
We have a ton of guys running this kit. It's the same long arm as the high clearance kit. The only difference is the rear brackets. When I get back to the desk I'll post up some pictures

Angry Aussie

Be ready to an incomplete kit. I'm in the middle of installing this kit and it's been nothing but a nightmare. It took ten weeks for the kit to get to me. The kit was missing two brackets and also came with a wrong bracket and a bunch of missing bolts and nuts!!! There's no parts list with the kit, instructions are a joke. The kit looks really solid but be ready for a parts nightmare if you get it. Evo seems to have a hard time packing, counting and sending things out. Just be ready. Just my two cents

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Be ready to an incomplete kit. I'm in the middle of installing this kit and it's been nothing but a nightmare. It took ten weeks for the kit to get to me. The kit was missing two brackets and also came with a wrong bracket and a bunch of missing bolts and nuts!!! There's no parts list with the kit, instructions are a joke. The kit looks really solid but be ready for a parts nightmare if you get it. Evo seems to have a hard time packing, counting and sending things out. Just be ready. Just my two cents

Give Andrew a call at EVO MFG. He will get you fixed up.

StrizzyChris

I sure hope that you at least attempted to contact them to quickly correct this issue before you flamed them?

Angry Aussie

I've talked to them three different times to get them to send me the right stuff. Figured this would happen, everyone will be mad at me for evo sending me the wrong stuff.

StrizzyChris

It sounds like you are coming in here with a chip on your shoulder, and maybe rightfully so, I was just asking you a question! I love all my evo products and will stand up for a company that has done nothing but right by me. I voice my concern when I think a product is overpriced and someone should consider another option. What I don't do is flame a company without giving them a truly fair chance to correct an issue. Again, no one is mad at you. Chris said to give them a call and I asked if you did your part as a consumer. Fair question if you ask me. :yup:

ChaosNein

I've talked to them three different times to get them to send me the right stuff. Figured this would happen, everyone will be mad at me for evo sending me the wrong stuff.

Yes we have spoken a few times and I have personally sent out the correct parts. We do apologize for the part(s) being missing/wrong and we are available if you need anything else (although I hope that you do not :blush:)

msk466

You have to tread lightly on here when you disrespect EVO!!

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
sent you a pm on this drew, but I wont have an issue going with this kit if I am running the sliders will I ?

2012CrushJKU

We have a ton of guys running this kit. It's the same long arm as the high clearance kit. The only difference is the rear brackets. When I get back to the desk I'll post up some pictures

Thanks Chris. So if I run the rear bolt on coilovers I would be able to run the high clearance kit? Or do I need coil overs front and rear?

2012CrushJKU

I've never had any problem with my EVO products, and their customer service has always been willing to help every time I've called. Thanks though

bl17z90

My sliders took a little longer than expected but that stuff just happens, especially with the high demand for their parts these days.

I would buy from them any day. :yup:

bl17z90

Having said that. Is the Double D kit basically the Enforcer kit with the addition of the Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade Kit?

cboggs

I love my DoubleD with the Bilstein 5100's. The ride on and offroad is awesome, so much so I havent been in a rush to go coilovers. The wait for this long arm is definately worth it and I have had zero issues running this for a year now.

ChaosNein

Having said that. Is the Double D kit basically the Enforcer kit with the addition of the Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade Kit?

Yes the Double D kit is the Long Arm (standard) with EVO MFG Plush Ride Coils and Shocks. Where as the ENFORCER kit is EVO Plush Ride Coils with Front Adjustable Lower Control Arms (short) only.

RamP

The Double D is in my sights as the suspension I'll be going with.
Am I correct in saying that an upgrade to Coilovers is easy with this kit?

Top Bottom