wave from DeWitt, Iowa

JK1

First post........ I haven't got anything done at work since i bought my Rubi a few months back.... between reading post and project jk videos all i do is research parts for my jeep and dream about going west to use my jeep for what it was made for....and i'm almost certian that starting to post on the forum isn't going to help to work problem at all... I am a Recruiter for the Iowa National Guard so i was wondering does ORE give military discounts i have emailed them and got no answer but before i spend $10,000 on my jeep there i will take alittle savings anyway i can... :broke:

Hello all and thanks

DA RUNT

Welcome to wayalife, work must be easy right now with all the cut backs. What do you plan on doing to the Jeep?

JK1

Welcome to wayalife, work must be easy right now with all the cut backs. What do you plan on doing to the Jeep?

ohhh the list is long... this is all new to me i have put lifts on trucks and blazers but i am finding out very quickly that jeeps are a completly different machine.. the plan is to be in moab next June so I'm starting with the little things rock sliders and rocker panel guards... then front and rear bumpers... and hopefully the big whammy lift and tires..would like the coilover package and enforcer package, slab rims and not sure on the tire yet... the thing i'm questioning is do i really need the coilover besides it just looks badass.. i wil pry be 90% driving it to work and10% offroad so where to draw the line on overkill on the lift and tires and rims is where i"m having a dilemma.. I also dont want it to ride like a stagecoach either since its my daily driver. this is why i havent even started buying stuff yet... like the rock sliders for instance i drive gravel sometimes and my door hinges look like crap from the rocks i like the evo ones but they look like the rocks will continue to fly thru.. but i live in iowa and if i go with Poison Spyder they would block the rocks but we get alot of snow and it looks like a place for the snow to pile up... and this is why i spend all day reseaching and havent bought anything yet.. lol :crazyeyes:

DA RUNT

Yeah, Jeeps are definatly a different beast :shock: Your list looks like you put alot of thought into it. Good idea to go with the protective and recovery gear first in my opinion. Do a little off roading with it stock and determine just how much more you really need. I don't do hardcore wheeling so I went with a good 2.5 short arm kit. Sure I would like to have the coilovers and long arm and 37" tires etc. but I really wouldn't need it. Evo makes good skins and sliders that would give you the protection you need from the gravel and let the snow fall thru. It's just my thoughts tho, everyone has different ideas so I'm sure you'll get lots of great advice here. :standing wave:

Last edited:

Atch

JK1 said:
First post........ I haven't got anything done at work since i bought my Rubi a few months back.... between reading post and project jk videos all i do is research parts for my jeep and dream about going west to use my jeep for what it was made for....and i'm almost certian that starting to post on the forum isn't going to help to work problem at all... I am a Recruiter for the Iowa National Guard so i was wondering does ORE give military discounts i have emailed them and got no answer but before i spend $10,000 on my jeep there i will take alittle savings anyway i can... :broke:

Hello all and thanks

I just seen that you're from Iowa, are you a member of any clubs?

Top Bottom