JK Freedom Top Leak

Tripod

Does anyone else have an issue with the freedom top leaking? My driver side panel is holding water inside of it somehow. I took it to the dealership and they feel a scratch on the top is where the water is getting in. There is no way... They just don't want to replace it. I filled the scratch with touch up paint and sealed it. The problem is still there. How can I fix this?

I have multiple leaks with my freedom top. Brought it to the dealer today to take care of it. I'd say take it to a different dealer and see what they say.

saFFFari

Tripod said:
Does anyone else have an issue with the freedom top leaking? My driver side panel is holding water inside of it somehow. I took it to the dealership and they feel a scratch on the top is where the water is getting in. There is no way... They just don't want to replace it. I filled the scratch with touch up paint and sealed it. The problem is still there. How can I fix this?
the leak thing.. That's gotta be a seal. Try loosening all the bolts and wiggling a bit to make sure the rear portion is seating correctly. Then tighten the bolts up again, but from what I hear, they aren't supposed to be gorilla tight.. Just snug. They put the panels back on and I wouldn't tighten the knobs super tight either.. Good luck with that,, leaking tops isn't unheard of and pretty common. As far as water inside the freedom panel... I've never seen that.. A little scratch shouldn't allow water in like that.. I'd go to a different dealer. Again, good luck

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Haven't had an issue with the freedom panel(s) filling with water. I have heard it being an issue on the 2011 and down models. I think there's a TSB on the issue. My JK is a 2012, they may have fixed the issue.

bnatt78

I have a 2011 and I do have a leak on the freedom top. The only thing is that I have been so busy that I have not cleaned the seals in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug

Your dealer is an idiot.

1) Water inside the freedom panels....remove freedom panel with water in it....on one of the sides, you will notice a small hole....drain all the water out of the panel, silicone that hole up, and it will never happen again.

2) Check out my thread.
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?12031-Don-t-want-leaks-Read-this-thread&highlight=shin-etsu

BigJay

I have one occasionally if it's raining real hard right at the front where the panels meet. Drips right on my dash

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I have one occasionally if it's raining real hard right at the front where the panels meet. Drips right on my dash

I had the same leak last winter/spring before putting my soft top on for the summer. I haven't noticed it yet this fall/winter, but I did clean all of the weatherstripping up real good before reinstalling the hard top/freedom panels. Also made sure not to over tighten the screws that go into the sound bar.

Top Bottom