Smittybuilt xrc or poison syder fenders

Crush

I am trying to decide between the smittybuilt xrc front and rear fender armor and the poison spyder metal fenders and rear corners. My biggest concern on the smittybuilt is them not actually having fenders to help protect against rocks and mud. I currently have bushwacker flat fenders and am not happy with them and looking to change them. Any advice or experience with either of them would be appreciated, also if anyone has pics that would be great. thx

JK1

I am trying to decide between the smittybuilt xrc front and rear fender armor and the poison spyder metal fenders and rear corners. My biggest concern on the smittybuilt is them not actually having fenders to help protect against rocks and mud. I currently have bushwacker flat fenders and am not happy with them and looking to change them. Any advice or experience with either of them would be appreciated, also if anyone has pics that would be great. thx

personally i like to have fenders so i would go with the PSC's the smittybuilt kinda reminds me of a hummer from the front because of not having fenders… :two cents:and if your selling those bushwhacker fenders let me know i have a buddy looking for some and i don't think your to far from me

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
In my opinion PSC is a way better product. Also, those shitty built fenders are heavy.

Crush

personally i like to have fenders so i would go with the PSC's the smittybuilt kinda reminds me of a hummer from the front because of not having fenders… :two cents:and if your selling those bushwhacker fenders let me know i have a buddy looking for some and i don't think your to far from me

The reason I am changing the bushwacker is that I damaged the driver side rear on a rock wall and it damaged my sheet metal. It is really not damaged very bad, if you would still be interested I will let you know. I have only had the on for a month. Damn waterfall at SMORR got me.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The reason I am changing the bushwacker is that I damaged the driver side rear on a rock wall and it damaged my sheet metal. It is really not damaged very bad, if you would still be interested I will let you know. I have only had the on for a month. Damn waterfall at SMORR got me.

If your mad about the damage from the bushwhackers wait until you hit a rock/tree with the poison spyder.

WhiteDynamite

I have the Poison Spyder ones and really like them. That being said I have yet to hit a rock or tree with them. I am also running ATX slabs so the 3.5" of backspacing makes my wheels stick out past the flares and my beadlock rings have taken all of the impacts so far.

Crush

I am trying to cover the damage on my rear corner. I also had my stock fenders b get damaged and that is why I went with the bushwackers. So now just trying to figure out the best way to go

biggy

Ive never seen stock flares be damaged especially cut ones. You can fold those up like a pretzel and they spring back to shape. I have the wackers and I wish I had just stayed with the stockers.

Army_Vet

Banned
I am trying to cover the damage on my rear corner. I also had my stock fenders b get damaged and that is why I went with the bushwackers. So now just trying to figure out the best way to go

I think you may need to figure out that portion of the trail!!!!:cheesy:

As far as my opinion, I hate the look of the Smitty Bilt. Just my opinion

Krawlin

I have the poison spyder flares. Had my jeep resting on its side held up by the fenders. No damage at all except for scratches. On carnage canyon in my opinion they saved me a lot of body damage.
I'm not a big fan of the SB fenders, but its your Jeep. Do what you like!

Wittys-JK

Based on just aesthetics I would go with the PS flares as they are built well and good looking. Like others have already posted I have heard that cut stockers flex and give allowing for the least amount of body damage. The previous poster has had good luck with his preventing damage so it looks like a win/win either way. The smitty's are not bad but I think I would stick with the look of the PS.

dhughes

Banned
Ps flares will NOT damage your jeep. Just install the supplied supports and you want have a problem. Most people that say they cause damage has never seen it happen. ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385478138138.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385478138138.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 123

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ps flares will NOT damage your jeep. Just install the supplied supports and you want have a problem. Most people that say they cause damage has never seen it happen. ...

That's funny cause myself and about 20 other rigs saw some damage from a hit to a tree on the rubicon this year.

And the only damage at that was caused by two poison spider products. But I guess I never saw it.

dhughes

Banned
Whats funny is I said most people not all. I've seen more damage from stock flares including myself. I've hit rocks and laid mine over and only received a few scratches.

Top Bottom