Rough Country Budget Lift Help

gtony12

Caught the Bug
OK need some help here.:thinking:

I installed the RC Budget Boost, everything went together easy. I have been driving for about 300 miles with no issues. Yesterday I was entering a drive way fast and at angle and I felt like my rear Diff. shifted to one side and made a clucking sound then I turned the opposite way and heard the cluck and felt the shift in Diff. again. But the Jeep drives normal and all bolts are tight.

1.) Could maybe one of the blocks be moving maybe came loose?:idontknow:
2.) Maybe this is normal for a RC BB lift sense it uses metal spacers?:idontknow:
3.) Can it maybe be the Hand Brake cables pulling or shifting making the noise and feel of the shifting?:idontknow:

Any thoughts would be great, Or should I take Jeep to shop to be checked?:thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You're feeling a shifting sensation of the axle? If so, have you double checked your track bar torque setting? Sounds like it could be loose.

NAUJK

I ran the RC BB for a few thousand miles and never had that issue. Are the rear pucks bolted in tight? Did you put the rubber isolators back in?

I am running the evo plush ride coils now tho.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

gtony12

Caught the Bug
What spacers are you talking about?

The rear spacer from RC. that bolts at the top of the rear coil spring and the rubber isolator (OEM) Between the coil and spacer.

You're feeling a shifting sensation of the axle? If so, have you double checked your track bar torque setting? Sounds like it could be loose.
:thinking: I will have to double check that, thats sounding like my issue thinking about it.

I ran the RC BB for a few thousand miles and never had that issue. Are the rear pucks bolted in tight? Did you put the rubber isolators back in?
I am running the evo plush ride coils now tho.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes, the spacers are tight and install the rubber isolater between the spacer and the coil. I am thinking of changing out spacers with coils too.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP, I will check all out here when I get home from work..:standing wave:

Tackerdown

Banned
I have the same kit now for about 20 k with no issues.
Springs in correctly
Shock extensions tight and shock bolts .
Track relocation bracket tight
Control arms tight
And any thing else you may have loosened tight.
Maybe loosen your bolts and re tighten them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I have the same kit now for about 20 k with no issues.
Springs in correctly
Shock extensions tight and shock bolts .
Track relocation bracket tight
Control arms tight
And any thing else you may have loosened tight.
Maybe loosen your bolts and re tighten them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sounds good, Thank you for the help:standing wave:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Ok went under the jeep and reworked all the bolts. Eddie good call my bolt to my track bar was loose thank you all for the help...:thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom