Anyone running the Fox Internal Bypass Shocks?

jknit

Ive been working for a few months planning all my pieces to revamp my suspension (ive had a shitty superlift 4" kit on Billsteins since I bought the jeep). I think I have everything pretty dialed in:
Saving for: Evo Long Arm upgrade, evo 4" plushride springs,
Just Ordered: Synergy Steering Upgrade with flip kid, Synergy tie-rod, Synergy trackbar
Got this week: Fox ATS Steering Stabilizer

The whole time I was pretty sure I was getting King shocks either the external resevoirs or the external resevoirs with compression adjustors, but once I got the Fox ATS I started feeling like I wanted to try and pair it with Fox shocks. I havent found much info about the ride of the Internal Bypass shocks that Fox put out last year...Does anyone have a review for me? My biggest concern is smoothest on road ride after 3 years of having my jeep ride like ISH! Ive got a bit of sticker shock on both the Kings with compression adjustors and the Fox Internal bypass shocks but I think it will be worth it if it provides me the ride quality I am looking for.

Fire away, give me some reviews!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, I have no experience with them but Fox is known to make a quality product. Based on that and if you can afford to make a mistake, I might be willing to give them a try just to see how they do.

jknit

Sorry, I have no experience with them but Fox is known to make a quality product. Based on that and if you can afford to make a mistake, I might be willing to give them a try just to see how they do.

preciate the input ha, unfortunately, although im putting together a pretty nice suspension, I cant afford to make a mistake. I have been buying piece by piece it will be another few months before I can afford the rest, then have to find someone to install it, don't have the tools or the room needed to do the installs myself (ill probably toss on the ATS myself thats about it)...I already payed the stealership to put the POS superlift in (which they told me was going to be a mopar lift but thats another story for another day)...got screwed out of about 1500 dollars there if not more, then I did the normal starting with 33's worried about gas milage but hated the look so Im running 37's now, I am the poster boy for not having really planned out my build...I wasnt worried about a quality suspension because I dont offroad much if at all other than beaches and some back country trails for snowboarding (I know I know sacrilidge) haha, but when I started this I had no idea how truly shitty the smallest mistakes can make your ride quality feel haha

Jiffy05

I did the same thing as you with just buying parts without worrying about it being quality parts. Now I regret it a ton, but at this time I don't have money to be buying the best stuff yet.

jknit

Yea back then the though of spending 4-5 k on a lift sounded absurd, one dealer told me to do a lift right costs over 1k an inch, I walked out of that dealer thinking they were trying to screw me I wish I listened now haha

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I would try the plush rides first, and then decide on shocks. You may be very surprised by the ride with the plush rides and bilsteins. just my :twocents:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
^^^^ what Hinrich said. i took a ride in his jeep with the plush rides and the bilsteins and it is great! very smooth

jknit

the shocks are definately going to be my last pice, I am putting in the ATS and all the synergy stuff this month, Jan will be the plushrides, then the long arm upgrade, then shocks if needed I am hoping as I improve everything I might not need the shocks but...we'll see, ill probably end up buying them anyway at some point I want it to ride like its on pillows

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would try the plush rides first, and then decide on shocks. You may be very surprised by the ride with the plush rides and bilsteins. just my :twocents:

Like I always say, a majority of ride comfort comes from coils.

First

I just ordered a set of 2.0 remote resivoirs from northridge this morning. I'll let you know how they ride in a week or so...

BDP849

I have them an LOVE them. They are smooth and comfortable on the road and work great off-road.:beer:

jkjurny

I have Fox 2.0s. I can't really comment as I have Teraflex coils. My ride is stiffer onroad then I like. Offroad, I love the performance. Soaks up a lot. Weird how smooth my ride is off-road, but I'm not so happy onroad. I'd just like it a tad bit softer. It would then match how the suspension feels in my BMW.

So can't really blame the shocks. I think it's the stiff coils.

I can tell you that I've run my Jeep going 50MPH in the desert over some pretty rough roads for about 20 to 30 minutes. No fade at all from those shocks.

beeg

Going to bump this up, I am interested in the internal bypass shocks also. The other shock that I am considering is the Fox 2.0 factory series res. with adjusters. Anyone running these? I looking for a good quality shock to pair with my 3" Synergy coils.

suicideking

I switched from the Bilstein 5100's to Fox 2.0 Resovoir shocks a few weeks ago. Night and day difference. I've never ridden on the King, but those are just too expensive. Lots of the guys I wheel with have the Fox 2.0. I've never talked to anyone that ran them and didn't like them.

beeg

I switched from the Bilstein 5100's to Fox 2.0 Resovoir shocks a few weeks ago. Night and day difference. I've never ridden on the King, but those are just too expensive. Lots of the guys I wheel with have the Fox 2.0. I've never talked to anyone that ran them and didn't like them.

Do you have the adjustable Fox 2.0's? Factory or Performance series?

Top Bottom