My jk is doing something funny

TrailBear

So as I'm driving I get a ding as if my e brake is pulled, didn't notice anything just a random ding, thought maybe from the seat belt warning or because the low tire light is on. I started to get the ding more often, then the traction light comes on, dings then the light goes out, dings again light stays on till I shut the jeep off. Now I get a ding the speedo goes to zero the e brake light goes on and the traction control light, does this a few times then the traction control light stays on. It doesn't do it everytime I drive just seems like at random, sometimes it just dings and the speedo drops and comes back. I haven't had time to take it in to the dealer, but I'm thinking it's a wheel sensor issue, it's a 2012 jkus so it should be covered if it is. Has anyone else had this happen?

FrankenJeeper

My '10 jk did something similar to this about a year ago, i started trying to trouble shoot it and noticed I had some corrosion on my battery terminals. I cleaned it all real good and it hasn't happened since. Maybe worth checking anyway,

biggy

So as I'm driving I get a ding as if my e brake is pulled, didn't notice anything just a random ding, thought maybe from the seat belt warning or because the low tire light is on. I started to get the ding more often, then the traction light comes on, dings then the light goes out, dings again light stays on till I shut the jeep off. Now I get a ding the speedo goes to zero the e brake light goes on and the traction control light, does this a few times then the traction control light stays on. It doesn't do it everytime I drive just seems like at random, sometimes it just dings and the speedo drops and comes back. I haven't had time to take it in to the dealer, but I'm thinking it's a wheel sensor issue, it's a 2012 jkus so it should be covered if it is. Has anyone else had this happen?

I had something similar. I would ding , abs light ,esp light , and e=brake light would be on. My brakes would lock up once in awhile as well. I pulled the fuses for the abs and it drove fine but lost my cruise control and speedo. It sound like it might be abs related. I bought a code reader which told me right front speed sensor. when I jacked the wheel off the ground I could tell my unit bearing was shot due to the movement when I rocked the tire. I replaced the unit bearing and all lights went out 30 sec into the test drive.

Just out of curiosity... Have you pulled the rotor/drum off the rears to make sure it's not caked up with trail debris? I had this on my way home from a muddy wheeling adventure, but after I cleaned everything it was aw-gud!

TrailBear

Ok so the other night I checked the battery , looked fine but I could move the ground terminal a little so I tightened it up and so far it's not doing it .

JLSilerJK

Ok so the other night I checked the battery , looked fine but I could move the ground terminal a little so I tightened it up and so far it's not doing it .

Thanks for posting this. My JK was starting to act a lil funny, funny how? IDK... What I do know is it was doing the same thing as yours. Checked around the brake pads didnt appear to be anything stuck. I found this thread and checked my ground terminal. I was able to move it a lil so I tightened it up, drove to a local brewery to get a growler fill and the lights didnt come on at all. Thanks owe ya a beer.

Top Bottom