Springs are shot!!

Hooligan

Just had my balljoints done. Mechanic noticed my front springs are very compressed and dont decompress when the axles droop. The springs are pro-comp and supposed to give 4" lift. Rears seem ok. I'd like to replace when I have some extra cash. Wouldn't mind dropping to a 3" lift. Question is my bilstein shocks are for a 3.5 to 5" lift up front and 4" rear. If I put 3" springs in would I damage the shocks?

suicideking

Just had my balljoints done. Mechanic noticed my front springs are very compressed and dont decompress when the axles droop. The springs are pro-comp and supposed to give 4" lift. Rears seem ok. I'd like to replace when I have some extra cash. Wouldn't mind dropping to a 3" lift. Question is my bilstein shocks are for a 3.5 to 5" lift up front and 4" rear. If I put 3" springs in would I damage the shocks?

I have noticed that Pro Comp lifts don't seem to be as tall as they state. When I had 2.5" RK springs, I parked next to someone with a 4" Pro Comp and mine was noticeably taller. I was surprised when he told me it was supposedly 4". I think you'll be fine with 3", will probably taller than when your 4" was new.

Do keep in mind that some run taller and shorter. Some run true to size. I'd recommend 3" Evo springs. I have the 4" and they're great.

Hooligan

Thanks. I'll get me some evo's.
Good thing is the bad bump steer has vanished now I have new ball joints. Shop says I should get an alignment done. Think I'll just centre the wheel using Ed's wtite up.:beer:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

Not sure about their coil springs, but I did a Pro Comp lift on my CJ7 and I can say the springs were the worst I have ridden on. I ended up just dropping the coin on Deavers. I was less than impressed with the quality of any of the Pro Comp stuff I purchased.

Top Bottom