Got the rocker guards on

SoCalDozer

Bought a pair of smittybilt src rocker guards at a sale they had last week and got them on today. Pain in the ass for bolt ins. Took 2 hours and a lot of grinding an drilling out holes. They look pretty good but not to impressed with the quality.
Should have saved the money and bought the LOD ones from WoL if he still has them

Attachments

• image-860596247.jpg
    image-860596247.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 108
  • image-2191061793.jpg
    image-2191061793.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 103

DA RUNT

My buddy just installed the exact same thing but his went right on with no issues, took like 20 mins. I'm gonna go with the evo's. Been hearing good things about em.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Looks good! Yeah having to mod your mod right out of the box seems like grind (pun intended).

SoCalDozer

DA RUNT said:
My buddy just installed the exact same thing but his went right on with no issues, took like 20 mins. I'm gonna go with the evo's. Been hearing good things about em.

I will get some Evo or LOD ones next since they bolt on the frame. Depends if I have a welder or not for which ones I get. Had to have some type of rocker protection for now. I hope they hold up alright with only 4 bolts holding them on

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
On my Jeep I have a set of Garvin's welded on and they work well on the rocks. On the new Jeep we are going with either EVO or Poison Spider sliders. The stock Rubi rails will be on CL before the end of next week.

SoCalDozer

bdmckenna said:
Took a great first step. Look'n good. What's next on your list?

Not sure what's next, I'm deploying in August so not much for now. I want to do winch and bumper, then gears and lockers then a lift.
Haves lots of little things to get though like a cb, some recovery gear.
Building a relay box right now to run all my future accessories too

kaptkrappy

Bought a pair of smittybilt src rocker guards at a sale they had last week and got them on today. Pain in the ass for bolt ins. Took 2 hours and a lot of grinding an drilling out holes. They look pretty good but not to impressed with the quality.
Should have saved the money and bought the LOD ones from WoL if he still has them

They look great with the fender chop. :thumb:

jktubby

those are it, my bro and cousin have them. Not rock crawlers so cant really say much there, but they have hit a few hard places in the dessert and they held up just fine.

Top Bottom