Wave from San Antonio!!!

Texas Jeep Guy

Hey y'all, my names Ian, I currently own a 87 YJ, I did a SOA on it, I will be selling it soon and I will be buying a new jku, I don't know a lot about these new jeeps so any advice is greatly appreciated, I can't decide between what model to get, I will be doing heavy modifications to it once my buddies and I open a shop after college and such, so I was thinking about a sport, but I would like to run 37s with 4" lift, what do y'all think? Or should I just run with 35s? I know if I put gussets and upgraded shafts it should make it alittle stronger, but a Dana 30 with 37s, I don't think that could hold hahaha here's a picture of my current rig ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385634080.599797.jpg

Webe

Welcome to Wayalife!:standing wave: I have the JKUX and have been very happy with it. Put 35's with bushwacker flat frenders w/o a lift. It's a daily driver and cruises nicely. But yes if you are planning on heavy mods then a Rubi is a was of money. I also did ABRs front & rear still have the D30. D30s works just fine unless you like to horse it.

Texas Jeep Guy

Welcome to Wayalife!:standing wave: I have the JKUX and have been very happy with it. Put 35's with bushwacker flat frenders w/o a lift. It's a daily driver and cruises nicely. But yes if you are planning on heavy mods then a Rubi is a was of money. I also did ABRs front & rear still have the D30. D30s works just fine unless you like to horse it.

Okay cool! Thank you, I'm not big into horseing it around, but the Dana 44 can lock with no worries?

JKU EXTREME

Welcome to Wayalife. The people on here are nice, helpful and informative. With that said I have priced it out and if I had the money to get a rubicon, I wouldn't, I would get the base model and take the extra money that would be used on the rubicon and spend it on the X. You could get coilovers 40's beadlocks and a Dana 44 up front and still have a little coin left. The only reason to go with the rubicon is for the transfer case and electro sway bar disconnect, but that's it (in my opinion). And on the tire situation if you are going to be running 35's you'd be alright with the Dana 35 but 37's not so much, unless you are using those for show. Good luck (and if I insulted you with things you already know then I am sorry).

JEEPnGEO

Welcome San Antonio Brotha.. I live in SA. We have to hook up and go to Hidden Falls one day.

Welcome again

Top Bottom