Video Editing

flotto

What does everyone use to edit their own videos? Just recently got my GOPro Hero 2 don't have a ton of experience with it.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I just take all the video and then download to my Mac and let it sit there unedited taking up hard drive space. LOL!

Actually I've used the iMovie software and it works pretty good. Probably better if I knew what I was doing. ;)

There are some pretty good editors on here. I'm sure they will chime in.

kaptkrappy

What does everyone use to edit their own videos? Just recently got my GOPro Hero 2 don't have a ton of experience with it.

Thanks for asking this question.

I am getting ready to a GoPro and would like to know about video editing software for Windows too.
It comes with CineForm Studio editing software. Is it not any good ? (grammar) :thinking:

flotto

I tried using the gopro software once and wasnt a big fan of it. The gopro itself I really like. use it in the mtn bike haven't on the jeep just yet.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
you can do a lot with imovie but, cindy uses adobe premier and is really happy with it.

jeffj

Caught the Bug
wayoflife said:
you can do a lot with imovie but, cindy uses adobe premier and is really happy with it.

I do mine using iMovie but I have not figured out how to burn the high resolution content to a DVD. I transfer it to iDVD and it loses a lot of quality. Do I need another program like adobe.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I do mine using iMovie but I have not figured out how to burn the high resolution content to a DVD. I transfer it to iDVD and it loses a lot of quality. Do I need another program like adobe.

well, it's a dvd and, it will be a lot lower in quality. if you want to retain your quality, you would need to burn a blu-ray.

drtnwtr

blkjk said:

My experience has been that iDVD is not HD quality. I believe you would need a blue ray burner for that. iMovie has worked for me too but the only way I have been able to view it in HD is by exporting it to YouTube or Vimeo. Or, on your apple computer sharing it to iTunes and then sharing it to your apple tv on your big screen. Once it's in iTunes you can also throw it on your iPhone or iPad too.

htweelz

Computer. Gee.... I'm still shooting with Kodak Tri-X. You mean to tell me you can use a computer to edit film?:bleh:

I think you gave it away when you called it "film". :D;) I still have a camera I use that takes the miniDV tapes.

I use Pinnacle to edit my videos.

20jk08

re:

Adobe primiere, but my laptop has a hard time handling the HD files the Go Pro makes, after effects will barely accept them....

Top Bottom